The Power of Positive Thinking Support Group

[Cr...]

Hey guys,

If we can get together and think of one positive thing for the day, we can help many others who are struggling with the benzo fight get through their day, no matter how tough the day is.

My positive thought:

"If I make a difference in someone else's life today, I've achieved what I've set out to do."

Dave.  8)

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Wi...]

• [no...]

• [Tr...]

• [De...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you are right. But, it is the hardest part of WD. When we are surrounded by some sxs, it is really hard to do it. I am trying some meditations to overwhelm anxiety and wd. Do you have a suggestion for that?

Yes you are right. But, it is the hardest part of WD. When we are surrounded by some sxs, it is really hard to do it. I am trying some meditations to overwhelm anxiety and wd. Do you have a suggestion for that?

Hi juneight,

Withdrawal from benzos can be extremely difficult to manage. It's not an easy road, but we can make it manageable.

For meditation, you can try the 4-6-8 breathing method, which involves taking a deep breath for 4 seconds, inhale through the nose, expand your upper chest, hold for six seconds, and then calmly exhale for 8 full seconds through the mouth, and repeat. Try this for a good 5-10 minutes a day, and see how you go.

There are also apps called Headspace, Calm and Pzizz which are great for relaxation and meditation, all are downloadable from the App Store on Apple, or Google Play on Android.

Another thing you can try is grounding exercises and sleep hygiene. Videos for this are on YouTube, they do help a lot.

Distraction of any type also helps a lot. Colouring books, puzzles and games to stimulate the mind all help.

Best of luck, and have a Merry Christmas!

Dave.  8)

Today I found this great thread with people who want to find the positive in our situation. I decide to trust in life and what it wants from me.

Joining. Great idea, Dave!

No more lives torn apart

That wars would never start

And time would heal all hearts

Everyone would have a friend

That right would always win

And love would never end....

This is my grown-up Christmas list.

~ David Foster

Thanks guys, I really do appreciate it, and let's keep up the positivity in this benzo battle!  :thumbsup:

My quote of the day:

"If we put one foot in front of the other, we are moving in the right direction."

Merry Christmas everyone! Here's to positivity and healing!

Dave.  8)

Joining. This is a great idea, Dave.

My positive thought for the day - Things are better than they were 2 years ago, and I have a loving and healthy family.

I truly appreciate this group, and all the thoughts expressed here. Let's keep 'em coming...how wonderful if we could read these sentiments first thing every morning in the year to come!

Hi Dave,

I like this idea. It is nice out today. Not as cold as usual. Even though I felt not so good I did it.  :)

Well done Dehytq2!  :clap:

You can achieve anything!

Dave.  8)

[0d...]
I took a walk in the rain today it was wonderful.  Getting ready to do yoga, feels great to stretch.  Very Thankful!  :thumbsup:. My thought for the day...You are Healing!

I'm joining!  The power of positivity and the practice of gratitude has helped me a lot in the past.  Somehow I've sunken into a hopeless, overwhelmed, crestfallen feeling while battling a series of waves these past 2 months.  I'm considering maybe doing a long hold to see it that will help.

Has anyone read any books by Ram Dass?  With his recent passing, I decided to begin reading more of his work, and to also reinstate my meditation practice. 

Positive quote for the day: "Believe you can and you're half way there."

Hi Candice,

A wonderful quote!

I hope you're going to feel better very soon. I'm holding at the moment and I must say, I begin to feel the benefits of that.

Stay strong!  :thumbsup:

Has anyone read any books by Ram Dass?  With his recent passing, I decided to begin reading more of his work, and to also reinstate my meditation practice. 

Candice, thank you for reminding me of Ram Dass! I've been sad at his passing, yet so joyful at the blessing of his life. Also looking into his work again -- two of my favourite quotes by him:

'We're all just walking each other home....'

&

'I was no longer needing to be special,

because I was no longer so caught in my puny separateness

that I had to keep proving I was something.

'I was part of the universe, like a tree is, or like grass is, or like water is.

Like storms, like roses. I was just part of it all....'

(from Changing Lenses: Essential Teaching Stories from Ram Dass)

Blessings to everyone here.

Thank you, Wildflower.

Really like them, especially the first one.

Here's an old one, but I have always loved it:  "The darkest hour is just before the dawn ".

Let's hope our dawn is starting today.

Look for the light!  8)

Thank you, Wildflower.

Really like them, especially the first one.

Here's an old one, but I have always loved it:  "The darkest hour is just before the dawn ".

Let's hope our dawn is starting today.

Look for the light!  8)

Yes, love that, Trochsetter! Standing with you....

Thanks guys, let's keep the positive quotes and thoughts coming!

Quote of the day:

"Today I feel better than yesterday, and the day before, and the day before that."

Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas, and here's to happiness in the New Year!

Dave.  8)