Author Topic: The Power of Positive Thinking Support Group  (Read 4868 times)

[Buddie]

The Power of Positive Thinking Support Group
« on: December 23, 2019, 12:31:14 pm »
Hey guys,
If we can get together and think of one positive thing for the day, we can help many others who are struggling with the benzo fight get through their day, no matter how tough the day is.

My positive thought:
"If I make a difference in someone else's life today, I've achieved what I've set out to do."

[...].  8)
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: The Power of Positive Thinking Support Group
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2019, 12:37:12 pm »
Yes you are right. But, it is the hardest part of WD. When we are surrounded by some sxs, it is really hard to do it. I am trying some meditations to overwhelm anxiety and wd. Do you [...] a suggestion for that?
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2019, 12:46:51 pm »
Yes you are right. But, it is the hardest part of WD. When we are surrounded by some sxs, it is really hard to do it. I am trying some meditations to overwhelm anxiety and wd. Do you [...] a suggestion for that?
Hi [...],
Withdrawal from benzos can be extremely difficult to manage. It's not an easy road, but we can make it manageable.
For meditation, you can try the 4-6-8 breathing method, which involves taking a deep breath for 4 seconds, inhale through the nose, expand your upper chest, hold for six seconds, and then calmly exhale for 8 full seconds through the mouth, and repeat. Try this for a good 5-10 minutes a day, and see how you go.
There are also apps called Headspace, Calm and Pzizz which are great for relaxation and meditation, all are downloadable from the App Store on Apple, or Google Play on Android.
Another thing you can try is grounding exercises and sleep hygiene. Videos for this are on YouTube, they do help a lot.
Distraction of any type also helps a lot. Colouring books, puzzles and games to stimulate the mind all help.
Best of luck, and [...] a Merry Christmas!
[...].  8)

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2019, 06:27:26 pm »
Hi [...],
I like this idea. It is nice out today. Not as cold as usual. Even though I felt not so good I did it.  :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 06:28:16 pm »
I took a walk!! Haha. I really am off. Lol

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2019, 08:34:24 pm »
Today I found this great thread with people who want to find the positive in our situation. I decide to trust in life and what it wants from me.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2019, 05:11:51 am »
Joining. Great idea, [...]!

No more lives torn apart
That wars would never start
And time would heal all hearts
Everyone would [...] a friend
That right would always win
And love would never end....

This is my grown-up Christmas list.

~ David Foster

« Last Edit: December 24, 2019, 05:24:45 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2019, 12:32:03 pm »
Thanks guys, I really do appreciate it, and let's keep up the positivity in this benzo battle!  :thumbsup:

My quote of the day:
"If we put one foot in front of the other, we are moving in the right direction."

Merry Christmas everyone! Here's to positivity and healing!

[...].  8)

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2019, 12:38:36 pm »
Joining. This is a great idea, [...].

My positive thought for the day - Things are better than they were 2 years ago, and I [...] a loving and healthy family.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2019, 01:27:03 pm »
I truly appreciate this group, and all the thoughts expressed here. Let's keep 'em coming...how wonderful if we could read these sentiments first thing every morning in the year to come!