Microtaper symptoms

[a5...]

[a5...]

Hello,

Hope not in wrong spot.

I am going to be microtapering daily Valium

When you dry cut , they tell you to wait at least 10-14 days to see what symptoms you feel.

On microtapering. Reducing a small amount daily and Valium having a long half life , when do you feel the symptoms?  Is there a lag time ?

I am only tapering 2.5 mg from a 12.5 mg dose .

This will bring me down to 10mg .

So when do you feel the cuts when you drop down 0.001 daily . The taper is about 75 days .

Thank you

Hello Mary, I feel the smallest cut the very next day. Some after 3, for others it might take up to 5 or even 7 days. It all depends on how sensitive you are. Good luck with your microtaper.

[a5...]

What’s the lowest cut you have done?

I am going to do daily cuts at 0.001 gms.

I need to cut down a 2.5 gm dose . On 12.5 mg currently.

So I am pretty sensitive.

I don’t know what to expect!

Thank you

Hi Mary,  as you can tell from my signature I'm currently holding. Before that I did 0,001 cuts per day. Sometimes I made a 0,002 cut, but couldn't handle those.

When I was at my highest dose, being 10,75 mg Diazepam,  I made cuts of 0,5 mg at once and held for two or three weeks. ( like the  Ashton manual suggests ).  These cuts were relatively easy in my case. Perhaps you could try one of those after the holidays. But only if you feel up to it and think you can do it, of course. Or otherwise just do a small cut and feel how your body and mind respond.

It's hard to give proper advise as we are all different in our reaction to a cut. Wishing you all the best and hoping all goes well for you.

Merry Christmas.

Hi,

I think you're question has been addressed; I wanted to add:

You can do a cut and hold on a microtaper.  I found through trial and error on approaches, that I am doing better on microtapering my Klonopin and "holding" that for about a week or so.  So, I'm dropping at 1% reduction each week off my liquid taper.  I think some drugs and people do better with a daily microtaper. 

I'm also polytapering off my anti-depressant, so that adds complexity to my healing self.

I wish there was one "here is the way and do it" approach to tapering. 

[a5...]

Thanks for the reply .

So you don’t just keep dropping daily .

You cut 1% weekly and hold ?

I am doing dry taper as you saw so I am having an issue with the pills weight daily .

I don’t know if that will work for me.

Did someone help you with your taper?

Thank you

Hi Mary,

Some people do a .001% drop daily on their microtaper.  I do mine weekly bc I found it's easier on my body - every body is different (and I'm polytapering off antidepressants too).  I did screw up the formula my first try, but that is because I forgot how to calculate a simple ratio.  Benzo brain, for real.

BUT - I like the liquid better for now.  I am spending less time making it than I did with the scale and I can adjust my dose easier.  For example, I can split out my doses to 4x a day much easier than 3x a day and I can equalize the amount through the day. 

I put out a call for help on how to do my taper on the tapering forum and got excellent help from Builder.  Put Builder's name in the topic.  Builder really broke down the formula on how to make your liquid (something a lot of threads/ sites DON'T tell you which I found extremely frustrating!). 

The basic recipe to get 1ml = 1mg is:  1mg med: 2ml Propylene glycol : 8ml water

So a 10 day would be:  12.5K : 25ml Propylene glycol: 100ml water

There are some good threads on this site, but just bc I went liquid doesn't mean it's the "best".  Just the "best" for me right now.

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=231363.0

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?topic=163449.0

http://www.benzobuddies.org/forum/index.php?board=164.0