Pretty much back to normal

[Mo...]

Hi you guys! It’s been a while since I been here. Um.... first and foremost I want to thank everyone on this site that helped me during what I considered the hardest thing I have ever went through. I’m not about to go through my entire story because if you go back to when I first joined you will see everything. I was a short term user of 4.5 months Ativan used for anxiety/panic attacks. Only used as prescribed by doctor. I didn’t realize my body was already addicted in that short of a time. Well I went through hell... thought about giving up, couldn’t take care of my kids(I’m a single parent). You guys when I say I have never fought so hard in my life... I truly meant that! I Tried everything you can think of... special diets, to special drinks, exercise...etc. but the best advice anyone has given me was TIME! This process takes time. I don’t know how much time because everyone situation is different. I met someone in this site who has truly helped me in more ways than one(we actually became best friends). I remember being afraid to walk to my mail box(she pushed me to work at it daily), I was afraid to eat certain stuff because ppl on the site stated it could cause a reaction...like I was literally eating nothing( she motivates me to eat), I couldn’t go in a store without panicking( she encouraged me to keep going till I got used to it). I started working when I last left the site... that helped a lot with getting out the house(she also help me with hard days at work because I was still in the thick of it as was she). She motivated me to go back to school...and I did just that. I’m currently finishing my last two class that I need before I enter the nursing program at the collage I attend. I’m going to school to be a RN. You guys I say all this to say if it wasn’t for God and her I wouldn’t have been able to do it. I’m pretty much back to normal the only thing I have are about 2 days of real bad anxiety and it’s usually right before my cycle starts and then it levels out. Oh I forgot to mention the newest/best news of it all....my user names says “momof3boys” well now it’s mom of 4 boys. I ended up pregnant while in the tail end of this...his name is Kameron he will be 6 months dec 24. He is everything!!!! I told myself I would come back and post a success story and here I am! I’m here to help any who needs it. It’s quite a few on this site I have truly enjoyed. And I thank you guys so much. God bless!!!! You got this keep going... I’m rooting for you all

Oh my Goodness, I am crying tears of joy!!!!  How many times did we dream of posting our success stories???  I promise I will post one in 2020. I honestly could post one now, but those few days here and there still have me wanting to give it more time. Today I am watching football, wrapping Christmas presents and baking cookies with my daughter and Mom. Life feels SO wonderful again and I have joy again.

What your story doesn't say though is that you helped me just as much as I helped you, and you continue to do so on the days I have those small setbacks. I wouldn't have survived without you either. I can't wait to finally meet and get to hug you and those boys!!

I will be here for you forever. Friends forever. Sisters forever.

Thank you for everything these past two years.

All Glory goes to God for both of us. I know how hard we both prayed through it all too.

I am so proud of you. YOU did this with your strength and perseverance!! I may have coaxed you, but it was your inner light that shone through!!  You never gave up. And you never let me give up. Those mornings I couldn't get out of bed and I called you and you talked me through it until I got one foot on the floor and sat up. All those hours of walking and walking around my neighborhood with you in my ear. Driving, with you on speaker phone. I truly can only hope I was as much help to you. But that's the power of love and being there for each other.

:smitten:

Love you!

[a8...]

I m so happy for you.  This is why we have to get up and try!  Never give up, do your best everyday and write your own story!  Merry Christmas and Happy New year to you and yours! 

B

Thank you for coming back to write your story, I'm so happy for you!  I'm glad you made that good friend and glad you let us know the most important tool to get through this is time, I found that worked the best for me too.

Congratulations on the new precious life you brought into the world and I'm so glad you've gotten yours back.  :smitten:

Great story mom of 4! Congratulations. Both you and fake it sound like wonderful people living life again. Praise God for the 2 of you helping each other! Not everyone is so fortunate to have such camaraderie. Merry Christmas!🎅

B strong

• 3 weeks later...
Thank you for your story of success  :)  After all that you've been through it must be amazing to be looking back from the other side and have come out the other end.  The courage and tenacity it takes to get through it and pretty much back to normal, I think makes you a 'pretty much . . . exceptional' human being.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

These are the posts that feed my warrior spirit to move forward and not lose hope. These are the posts that make me feel not so isolated & alone in this fight forward. They inspire me to get thru the darkness and trust that the joy & laughter that I was full of before these awful benzos stripped away from me will one day return. And hopefully I will love pizza again but it was always my favorite and now the thought of it makes me nauseous. Please let me love pizza again! 🦋

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Thank you so much for posting your success. I want to have another child once this is all said and done. Reading that you’ve had a healthy pregnancy after Benzo withdrawal gives me so much hope. ❤️

Amen!  Thanks for being such an inspiration for those of us still struggling.  All these success stories really help me to keep positive in this challenging journey.  <3