Temazepam taper: help

[Br...]

I tapered from 30 mg temazepam to 6 mg in 8 months time. The last couple of months sxs got harder to handle. What would be a reasonable pace to 0? Should I consider starting to split my dose?

I tapered from 30 mg temazepam to 6 mg in 8 months time. The last couple of months sxs got harder to handle. What would be a reasonable pace to 0? Should I consider starting to split my dose?

Hello Briba

So far you have done a remarkable job with your taper. You are almost there. For some folks it becomes necessary to slow down as they get lower in dosage. So you have been reducing 3 mg per month. At that rate (now a 50% reduction) it is understandable why your symptoms have ramped up. A 5-10% reduction every 14 days is usually the recommended rate. I am curious as to what reduction method are you using? Daily reductions or cut & hold? If I were in your shoes I would try reducing 1mg a month making tiny daily reductions and see if symptoms lessen, then adjust taper rate from this point.

Hello Gudruna

Thank you for your input. Actually, I started on a schedule of tapering 4 mg per month, then gradually reduced to 2 mg per month. I use a scale, reducing almost every day. Should I start splitting the dose?

If you have become accustom to dosing 1x a day I would continue with that regimen...why mess with something that has been working so well so far, you know?

• 1 month later...