Use water or almond milk?

[...]

hey guys! Its me again lol....

I am weighting my medication in powder form (couldnt cut the meds anymore, too small) they started becoming inacurate. I am trying to find the best method of delivery for the powder med. I did applesauce and it was a disaster. I just mixed it in a cup of water and it was fine, but I am thinking almond milk could also work. Does anyone have any advice?

[9c...]

Ativan isn't soluble in water.  The pill might seem to disperse well, but it's the fillers (e.g. starch) that you're seeing.  There's no way to know where the active ingredient is (it may adhere to the inside of the cup, for example, since it's a less polar environment than the water).  The proteins and especially the fat in whole milk help to disperse some types of benzos.  I'm not sure if almond milk is up to the job.

If you work really super fast, you might get a fairly reproducible suspension using water, but there are better approaches.  I'd encourage you to do some research about making liquid-based benzo solutions.  There's a ton of info on it here in the forum.

Dear Badsocref,

Thank you for your response. Definitely almond wont do it, it does not have sufficient fat or protein. I was reading some of the resources you mention. I am not planning on doing titration, just a method to take the powder pill I weighted. But what you mentioned is really important, I have to pay attention to the sides of the cup for me to drink. If you have any other info Im super open and grateful!

Thank you!

[9c...]

While these meds don't necessarily taste good, you could lick the weighed powder off the paper you weigh it out on.  I'd use waxed paper if I did that.  Maybe have a mint ready to kill the taste.

Many people dissolve in a little alcohol then dilute with water.  Obviously, that approach isn't for everyone, but very little alcohol is involved.  A few folks dilute with propylene glycol then dilute with water.  Note that changes in delivery method sometimes bring a small change in actual dosage since the bioavailability changes a bit.  For example, powder on your tongue may be sublingually absorbed to some degree.  That won't happen as much with a liquid formulation.  For that reason some people switching from solid to liquid feel they get less medicine.

Hope this helps.

When I set up my liquid taper, I was advised to use Propylene glycol as the solvent.  It's working well for me.

Easy to find in the store and on Amazon.