Switching from Lorazepam to Valium

[...]

Hi guys,

i am thinking of switching from lorazepam to valium for the last 0.25 mg of my taper. Please support and provide prayers I am having a very rough time right now. i started experiencing interdose withdrawal (I was taking med 2x per day). But as I got lower the dosages were just not getting me to the same times as before. I changed the dosages to 4x per day and it still did not work. I am having more withdrawal symptoms now and need more stability. Hs anyone changed to valium at the end of their taper? i do not know much about valium and I am hoping it can bring me some relief.

I'm hoping that someone will reply to this. I'm considering doing the valium cross-over now that I can't seem to stabilize at .5mg.  I always seem to need to take a total of .75 of divided lorazepam pieces just to stay minimally functional, but it's really not helping all that much.

I don't know if I should just stay with the lorazepam taper, or if now would be a good time to cross-over.

I switched from ativan to valium for the reason both of you are describing -- horrid interdose withdrawals. I followed The Ashton Manual for the crossover and had no problems really except for an week or so of initial sedation from the valium. But it took a those awful interdose w/ds from the ativan away. Thank heavens!

I could not have tapered to zero on ativan. So I am very glad I did a c/o to valium.

Hope this helps you.

:smitten:

Katz

I crossed over from .360 Klonopin to 6.5 Valium as I was having horrid I/D withdrawals on Klonopin.  At this point, I'm very glad I did it.  I could no longer taper the Klonopin beast.  I am using Roxane liquid (1.14 mg) and pills (5 mg) right now and am DLMT.  I hope that if you decide to go forward with it, it makes a big difference for you.