Mental confusion support group

[Li...]

I want to connect with people that are severely impaired. This symptom has been toughest of many to endure. It's like when I attempt to think or execute a function my brain does the opposite, it gets confused. My mind just paces with random non related thoughts so fast its hard to think constructively. Distraction is nearly impossible with this symptom because you need to think to perform any distraction.

I get so severely impaired that I can't read properly, understand TV, remember anything, even something I just saw or heard. I then wonder if I'm a unique case, that I'm slowly falling into insanity. I need people that know what this feels like so I can relate with them. It would be even much better if people that have recovered from this horrible mental confusion could step in and drop some encouragement.  I hope I get responses to this.

Liberty.

• 4 weeks later...
OMG - What you said here is precisely what I've been going through. I feel too, I am severely, mentally uncoordinated but seems to have impacted me physically. I used to be a fairly advanced musician but now it's as though I've lost whatever facility, mental/physical capacity I once had. Nor can I ever remember being able to play in any capacity. If I didn't have recordings, I'd doubt my own abilities. It's as though whatever was "me" as a musician (or otherwise), has been erased. It's a self-esteem killer, a heart-breaker and as has been said here - a "Soul Killer". It has insult to injury when someone doesn't believe that I was ever a professional musician. I've been so depressed for so long, I've developed a facade that disguises, my true state of mind that, I can't get shed of. It was a way of avoiding being held in contempt for having a 'bad attitude' in life. But it also made it difficult to outwardly express myself, in so doing, causing distrust in others that I suffer at all, let alone, on so deep and profound level that it is every day. But I suspect too, I've always had a pretty hard case of ADD and that whatever I've been able to do - was adapted through intuition.  I could never teach what I've learned since I honestly don't know how I've been able to do or understand anything - such as music, graphics, ceramics, etc. If something required a linear thought process, I'd be SOL! So getting a higher education or functioning on any intelligent level wasn't going to happen. I'd get, at best, 'C-' average scores in school be branded a dumb-shit - K-12. I last psyche eval tested at a 86 IQ. I have a calm exterior yet just below the surface there's a hideous sense of despondence and impotence. Inside I'm screaming "PLEASE KNOW ME". Thank you SO much for posting!

Thank you for starting this.  The confusion and fear are my most distressing symptoms and sometimes makes me wonder if I'm crazy or have dementia.  It's strange, because I seem to be able to do many things on auto pilot, but if I start consciously thinking about it, I get very overwhelmed and panicky.  Examples are cleaning my house, paying bills, sorting laundry, tasks at work (I'm an Accountant!)  There must be unconsious brain muscle memory or something... but I couldn't tell you what I did last Friday.  I'm having to trust that my brain will figure this out on its own.. as it seems to be doing already!

Thank you for starting this.  The confusion and fear are my most distressing symptoms and sometimes makes me wonder if I'm crazy or have dementia.  It's strange, because I seem to be able to do many things on auto pilot, but if I start consciously thinking about it, I get very overwhelmed and panicky.  Examples are cleaning my house, paying bills, sorting laundry, tasks at work (I'm an Accountant!)  There must be unconsious brain muscle memory or something... but I couldn't tell you what I did last Friday.  I'm having to trust that my brain will figure this out on its own.. as it seems to be doing already!

I feel the same. Im on auto pilot at work. At home. But im aware of the impairment and its devastating.

[a3...]
I think I have the mental confusion. I'm constantly forgetting things and it feels like my brain malfunctions trying to remember it.  Thinking complex thoughts scramble my brain.