Has anyone mixed their taper with applesauce?

[...]

Hi guys!

Im in need of some guidance. Im down to 0.23 mg of ativan and things are getting difficult. I am dry cutting the medications and the pills are too small to cut now. I am thinking of making them a powder and making my own applesauce to mix with pills in a shot glass (as a medium to take the medication). The applesauce has only organic apples and water. Has anyone tried this? Can someone provide advice? I do not want to do water titration it seems too complicated

Are you using a scale to cut and weigh your dose?  It seems to me the problem isn't what you should mix your dose with, but getting the exact amount you need.

Dear Pamster,

Thanks for your reply. I am using a dry scale (gemini scale). It always worked but now the pills are too small (it still reads them but im unsure of how accurate it is). I actually have 2 scales and we use both to measure the pills. They are just too little now.

Okay thanks, I can see the problem now.

I didn't taper, so I have no experience, but lets talk this through, maybe you can help me understand your thought process.  You say you don't wish to taper with liquid because it sounds complicated, I kind of see your applesauce idea the same as using a liquid, only not as accurate.  The applesauce isn't totally smooth, it has texture from the pulp, so the drug wouldn't be evenly distributed throughout which would mean you wouldn't be getting consistent doses, do you see this or am I not understanding what you have in mind?

Dear Pamster,

You were right. i tried the applesauce and it was a disaster. The drug was not digested until later so I was with NO coverage for like 2-3 hours and then it hit like a ball. I think with the applesauce (I made it like a shot and the medication was inside) it gets digested slower and in another part of the bowel. I used to take my medication (the pill) with water and swallow. So how can I still use water with powder? Can i just throw the medication powder in a glass of water? Like weight the medication and then throw it in the water?

My mind is just not working right so I appriciate your help so much!

It was my understanding that the problem is not particularly with the method of getting the drug in you, it's getting the right amount in you, is this correct?  I believe you said the problem was your inability to measure and weigh the small amount you need now that you're getting to such a low dose. 

I'm having the same problem you are CM, my mind doesn't work well with taper issues and especially with titration questions, so I've asked someone to drop by to help us both.

Hang on, we'll get this sorted out, but hopefully in the meantime, other members with more knowledge will step in.

Thank you Pamster!

Yeah the problem is that I can measure the amount adequately when its in powder form (not in pill form) because of the way the scale reads. So I was asking if its ok to put that powder in water? And just drink it? I tried applesauce but it didnt work

Hello, CM22.  Am I understanding you correctly?  You can measure your dose ok if you convert your tablet to powder.  But you are asking if it’s ok to then put the resulting powder in water and drink it? Libertas

I had another thought ... are you aware of the method Bob7 developed to prepare very small dose capsules of his clonazepam?  He also added microcrystalline cellulose to his tablet powder to give it sufficient “weight” to register on the scale.  He provides great info and documentation at:

Benzo Dry Taper Math

https://benzodrytapermath.com/

Dear Libertas,

Yes thats exactly my question. I am weighing now the pills in powder form which is much more exact but I am trying to figure out the best method for ingestion. i tried the applesauce yesterday and it was a disaster. It was practically absorbed all at once like a bolus and hit me really hard (im guessing because the main digestion for apples happens in your small bowel and thats the greatest place of absorption in our GI track). So is it ok to do it in water? Like put the medication on a shot or glass of water?

I will check his video to review! And thank you so much