Four Years Off

[HR...]

Today is my four year anniversary of getting off Xanax. It's been absolute hell and I'm still a long ways from being done with this. Things have gotten better over time, but I still really struggle certain days.

HRP —

First of all, CONGRATULATIONS on being off this nonsense for FOUR years, My Friend. Some people NEVER succeed in getting off AT ALL — so that is ABSOLUTELY WORTHY of a HEARTY MAZEL TOV!

=:0]

With that said, I am SO sorry to hear that, even though things have definitely improved overall, you still occasionally suffer with a few symptoms. If you don’t mind me asking...which ones are still holding on?

At any rate...I am PROUD of you and you should CERTAINLY be proud of yourself. This is, WITHOUT QUESTION, the hardest thing ANY of us will ever have to endure — and you did it. You will come all the way out the other side.  WE ALL DO EVENTUALLY.

Neely

xoxo

Well I've had a resurgence of symptoms again due to an antibiotic I had to take for diverticulitis. I've had a setback this week due to that.

Prior to this, I still had bad anxiety, cog fog, muscle pains, dizziness, lose my train of thought and stumble my words, and more I don't want to think about. But these symptoms were noticeably less severe. Not that makes it easy in any way.

But now my anxiety is even worse, had bad insomnia last night and I've been having panic attacks again. Hopefully in the next couple days these issues start to reside.

That said, I've certainly noticed some surprising improvements lately. I'm able to talk more articulately, DR/DP are much less severe, and I'm getting out and socializing a bit more (not too much, but it's not as much of a chore anymore).

I feel like I still have a lot of healing ahead of me, but I'm more hopeful.

Congratulations ! 4 years without any benzo it's big milestone !

Stay strong Buddy, may be you are very close to the recovery...

And it's really worth it... !

Congratulations HRP402 on celebrating 4 years off!  You've come a long way and you've forged ahead through setbacks. 

Wishing you much continued healing!

there were certain periods were I would not sleep well, get paranoid as one could get. I hung in there, paid attention to my body and starting eliminating everything I could. Not sure if much of that helped but I am getting better. You will too!

trust me, one day you will have slept well and almost feel normal again. It began that way for me. Stay the course, you have too much to lose now and everything to gain.

Push through this!!