Can I stop Lyrica like this.

[ka...]

I am currently on a small dose of Lyrica, 75mg once daily. I lt doesn't help my anxiety at all, in fact it made it worse. So I want to stop it. In the country I live in they don't sell Lyrica smaller than 75mg. I don't have a scale so my plan is to open each capsule and divide the powder in 3 parts of 25mg each. I will take 50mg for 10 days, then 25mg for 10 days and then stop. I know its not really a taper but that's the best I can do. My question is how long does the withdrawal usually last and is it worse than benzos?

I am currently on a small dose of Lyrica, 75mg once daily. I lt doesn't help my anxiety at all, in fact it made it worse. So I want to stop it. In the country I live in they don't sell Lyrica smaller than 75mg. I don't have a scale so my plan is to open each capsule and divide the powder in 3 parts of 25mg each. I will take 50mg for 10 days, then 25mg for 10 days and then stop. I know its not really a taper but that's the best I can do. My question is how long does the withdrawal usually last and is it worse than benzos?

Hi,

How long and how bad will be individual...  But yes, you can split a cap like that..  My cuts were 25mg at those doses, but much longer between cuts.. But I was tapering 2 meds and jumping off valium at that time... etc..

Can you get another script if you need to..??

Hope it goes smooth for you, as it did for me with earlier discontinuations from lyrica...

:)

Hi,

yes I can get another script, but if 10 days are not enough, then how long should I stay on each decrement? I have no clue.

I would venture that what you have planned would be fine for the “average” person, so it will depend on IF, and how far YOU deviate from that...

Past medicine history, or more prior problems, might give an indication, but generally its a try and see thing, listen to your body and any symptoms that appear, and adjust your reductions or perhaps speed to suit..

Well thats the basics of “Symptom Based Tapering” that seems to have good end results, anyways...

Its more a process than a set plan, often rules and comparisons are not our friend, but we seem to gravitate towards them for obvious reasons...

That you can get another script gives you options, IF needed...

I hope it all goes smoothly for you...

:)