X2mg to V40mg

[Li...]

Hello!

History is in the link in my footer.

I used the Ashton equivalency but got a lot of mixed messages about how quickly to substitute and might have made a mistake. I switched out 1mg X immediately for 20mg V then slowly over the next few days switching .25mg X for 5mg V.

Some say this is ok, some say this is too fast. It was ok for 2 days then I have felt terrible for 2 days. Either way Im going to stick at 40mg for a couple of weeks then begin a slow taper.

My problem and question is more about timing : I do a physical job and taking Valium during the day is very complicated. My question is ... when I stabilise at 40mg every night should I be safe from the interdose withdrawals that I was getting with Xanax?

The switch was done spefically to negate the interdose withdrawals and consequences of my erratic use. I want to know if I have done the right thing, or should I be trying to find a way to take valium during the day as well?

Some people do fine dosing Valium only at night. Others need to dose twice/day. You shouldn't need to dose in the middle of the day. Just pay attention to how you feel. You can always make adjustments if you need to. I found I did some adjusting as I went along. :)