Author Topic: 'The Future of Psychiatry May Be Inside Your Stomach'  (Read 947 times)

[Buddie]

Re: 'The Future of Psychiatry May Be Inside Your Stomach'
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2019, 08:36:44 am »

Love that link.  Thank you. :smitten:

Stress and  anxiety cause a big factor in the production of histamine for me and give me
major setbacks also.

So many factors play into the gut reactions then the brain  and anxiety.  And so many things have to heal along the way. 

Sky, you're welcome.

Dealing with past trauma is a big factor for many people when trying to heal the gut. I know this is true in my case. They say the body remembers, even when we do not.... It's not easy, but the good news is, it can all be fixed. I firmly believe we can heal our past (including our stress response) completely, and thereby heal the body.

Sending you warmth.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 10:54:56 am by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2019, 10:24:34 am »
thanks you  the good wishes are valued.

I think we have much in common re the  years of past trauma, and anxieties  and perhaps the positive from that is we work hard researching and healing where we can

This is a great book with exactly that title.
 The Body Remembers Volume 2 Revolutionizing Trauma Treatment Hardcover – 20 Jun 2017
by Babette Rothschild (Author)   
 The original ( vol 1)  The Body Remembers: The Psychophysiology of Trauma and Trauma Treatment Hardcover – 17 Oct 2000
by Babette Rothschild (Author) has been so much help to me over the years.  you might find it interesting.

I also think the trauma and anxiety of withdrawal bring back many  old responses  to  past experiences and even create new trauma and experiences for us  all to deal with.   :'(

I thought Id post the info  on here for you
 as my pMs are turned off for now.  I so need the down time.

So for now I think I will just take another break from the forum
 and relax over the holiday season
 maybe check in and read occasionally perhaps.

good luck in all you do,  :smitten:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 10:27:49 pm by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2019, 10:40:26 am »
Thank you for these resources, Sky.

The titles remind me of the work of Bessel van der Kolk (The Body Keeps the Score). I think also of Alice Miller.... Very hard stuff to work through, but so freeing, in the end.

I've had to take baby steps with the trauma healing (ultra-sensitive in w/d), but am making progress and feel much more at peace with it all. I grieved and had to learn a lot, but now I'm onto recovery because my energy is slowly coming back and my mind is clearer. My biggest desire was to be free of my past forever, no longer to be tied to it at all. I didn't know whether that was possible, in the beginning.... Now I know it is.

I will look into the books you referenced. Thanks again.

Take very good care of yourself, Sky. Wishing you a peaceful, healing holiday season.

:smitten:
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 01:21:23 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #53 on: December 21, 2019, 11:08:25 am »
Merry Christmas Sky.. :) (no reply needed)

Nice posts to read everyone... Thanks..
:)

[Buddie]

« Reply #54 on: December 21, 2019, 01:25:40 pm »
Merry Christmas to you, [...]!

Many thanks for all kindness & support this year.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #55 on: December 21, 2019, 01:50:36 pm »
Merry Christmas to you, [...]!

Many thanks for all kindness & support this year.

[...]
Thanks mate, -you also...
-I was saving you guys till closer to the day, but I guess its getting pretty close now..!!

Merry Xnas to Everyone..!!

Here is a not “fun fact”.. Dont drink “off” coconut water..!! OMG..!!
:(

[Buddie]

« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2019, 02:49:55 pm »

Here is a not “fun fact”.. Dont drink “off” coconut water..!! OMG..!!
:(
Ouch. What a very appropriate tip for this thread...  ;D Good luck with the coconut hangover, mate. (How our ideas of fun have changed, eh?)

[Buddie]

« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2020, 10:51:15 pm »
Now I wonder about taking GABA capsule supplements. Just might calm the receptors in the stomach.......maybe a helpful tool in the tapering arsenal. ::)

[Buddie]

« Reply #58 on: January 06, 2020, 01:35:15 am »
I just want to give an update here.  Somewhere in this thread or the other one regarding probiotics, someone ( probably [...]) posted a link to Amazon for a product called Lifted Naturals Bifidus Mood Boost probiotic blend.  This blend is lactate and histamine free.  I have been taking it now for 3 or 4 days and I have seen a substantial reduction in anxiety symptoms that I can't attribute to anything else.  I am absolutely blown away by how well it is working so far.  I just want to say thank you to [...] who is in a much better position to explain why this is working for me than I am.  All I know is that it is. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #59 on: January 06, 2020, 02:20:10 am »
I just want to give an update here.  Somewhere in this thread or the other one regarding probiotics, someone ( probably [...]) posted a link to Amazon for a product called Lifted Naturals Bifidus Mood Boost probiotic blend.  This blend is lactate and histamine free.  I have been taking it now for 3 or 4 days and I have seen a substantial reduction in anxiety symptoms that I can't attribute to anything else.  I am absolutely blown away by how well it is working so far.  I just want to say thank you to [...] who is in a much better position to explain why this is working for me than I am.  All I know is that it is.
Great news Took..!! :)
-Thanks for sharing..