anyone stop a beta blocker?

[Da...]

i take coreg, a beta blocker, for cardiomyapathy.  I recently was so wiped out from it I couldn't go into work so I'm gonna stop it and see what happens.  It does help for my anxiety symptoms but it just wipes me out too much.  Anyone else stop a beta blocker, if so what happened?

Yes,

I've tapered off of Toprol.  Nothing happened.  I cut my pill down over two weeks and stopped.  Just go slow so you don't get the rebound palps.  Doc told me to just stop ct  .  No thank you.  Not a good idea.

Diagnosed with para ventricular tachycardia.  I stopped it b/c the electrophysiologist I saw said it wasn't life threatening.  I use minerals to control it now.  They work really well.

Hey Dan,

Yes, I was on a Beta Blocker called Lopressor. It gave me Insomonia,cuased irregular heartbeats,and made my blood preeure drop into dangerous ranges,

When I quit taking it,I still had symptoms for several days until it all got out of my system. It may be useful for soime,but personally I will never take another Beta Blocker ever again.

• 3 weeks later...

I find I can tolerate propranolol (Inderal) if I take it at night, along with some melatonin (as they deplete that in the brain). I also take only 10mg (and half a melatonin, so 150 micrograms.)

Yes, you definitely have to go slow if you are trying to get off them, or you will likely have tachycardia, and even chest pains. Heck, I had other places in my body ache. And, in benzo withdrawal, I think you have to go even more slowly.

ETA: O forgot to mention that that is based on my experience of withdrawing, which I had to for a while to avoid feeling depressed and overly cold and to get some sleep. I used to be on 40mg tid.