Author Topic: For what reason were you prescribed a benzo?  (Read 745 times)

[Buddie]

For what reason were you prescribed a benzo?
« on: December 15, 2019, 02:28:09 am »
Hey guys,
Just want a synopsis of why you were prescribed your benzo, and what your pDocs instructions are (no doctor bashing!)
I was prescribed 5mg [...] for my panic disorder and muscle spasms.
Original instructions: Take HALF to ONE tablet three times a day when required.
Present instructions: Take HALF a tablet every SIX hours when required.
[...].  8)
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 11:48:48 am by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: For what reason were you prescribed a benzo?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2019, 02:32:00 am »
I had just finished chemotherapy and my anxiety was through the roof. I didn't realize it at the time but my thyroid hormone dose was also suddenly way to high, since I had lost a lot of weight from cancer. I begged my doctor for the prescriptions. 0.5 mg alprazolam twice a day; 10 mg zolpidem at night.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2019, 03:50:17 am »
RLS related insomnia

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2019, 10:41:02 am »
Approximately around the third year of taking Ambien for insomnia, I had a sudden reaction to it. At the time I did not make the connection that the painful symptom I was experiencing was, in fact, due to Ambien.

Within about a weeks time of absolute physical torture, I checked myself into a VA Inpatient facility. Soon after I arrived to the facility I was given Ativan.

At the time of my discharge, I left with a new prescription that I knew nothing about. But what I did know is it helped me to sleep better and "miraculously" helped to subdue that horrible symptom. It was a short lived reprieve though. :sick:

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2019, 07:48:31 pm »
I was waiting for spinal surgery (6 weeks) and had pressure on the sciatic nerve from a growth in my spine.  Dr told me to take 2.5mg at night to help with excruciating pain. She said it wouldn't be addictive at low dose /short term.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 07:51:40 pm »
Spasm and upper back, neck rigidity after spinal surgery to decompress very severe crushed sciatic nerve and remove piece of disc from spinal canal after years of complete agony.

It never got rid of it but made it bearable to lie on [...] with legs up on cushions and potter in garden on a good day.

Now all muscles rigid and in utter hell. No position is bearable, sciatica back.

Think it also helped ME/CFS symptoms.

Was also on Zopiclone for 23 years after got ill in 1996 and everytime tried to sleep woke up gasping for air. Was classed as part of ME/CFS.

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2019, 07:56:24 pm »
Insomnia ...due to irregular night duties.

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2019, 08:12:23 pm »
Muscle spasms.

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2019, 11:52:00 pm »
Bilateral Meniere's disease. 💖Peace and Healing.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2019, 11:37:27 am »
A rheumatologist prescribed it for my myofascial syndrome.