Success story - you will get better

[Hi...]

I wanted to post this to give some hope to those going through the darkness of wd.

I was taking about 1 to 1.5 mg xanax daily for amost 2 years for stress and anxiety.  Just following my script and doctors recommendation.  A few times i forgot to take xanax after a year if taking them and i started not feeling very well.  Not knowing i was going through wd, my doctor  said to tae my normal dose again and sure enough,  the bad feelings went away.  Not putting 2 and 2 together,  i chalked this up to just going through a stressful time and went on. 

This past Thanksgiving,  i got messed up on the dosage and went through the initial wd phase, again.  This time, i did some research  and realized this was directly related to not taking xanax and i was in wd.  Knowing this medication had this type of effect on me made me realize how bad it was which in my mind confirmed to me that i needed to get off of xanax.  I c/t on the 26th of Nov this year.  The next 5 days was nothing short of pure hell.  I stared into the abyss.  The severity of brain fog, depression,  panic, anxiety, and yes, suicidal thoughts was about more than i thought  i could handle.  For seven days after i c/t, i was not myself.  The week after that things were better and i was able to sleet finally.  This is the third week and i feel like a new person.  I still am healing but most symptons have disappeared.  The brain fog has lifted also. 

Iduring this time, i have changed to a healthy diet, been taking b vitamins  and niacin but cannot attribute thst to my healing.  I can say that my diet chang has not hurt me though.  I also dring plenty of water.  I had horrible tenittis but that has been slowly dissipating also.

I wanted to post this to give hope to those who read this since i found this site during my recovery  and noticed so many horror stories.  Everyone is different and everyone's situation will be different so please, be positive and always remain strong as the sun will always rise tomorrow  bringing forth a new day.

I would also like to say my faith i God kept me secure during this time.

Peace to all in your recovery.

Hello Hingie,

Thanks for sharing your story, and you're right, every journey is different but I'm so glad yours wasn't as bad as some.  We wish you continued healing, thank you again for letting others know what you went through and some of the things you tried to help you through this.

Pamster

Thank you for your kind replies.  Apologies for all my spelling mistakes.

No worries on the spelling, we get the message and that's the important part.  :thumbsup:  If you'd like, you can edit your post by using the modify button, up to you though.  :)

This sounds very similar to what happened to me. Started feeling better after a month and then I drank because I didn't know I wasn't supposed to. Make sure you do not drink anytime soon.