Magnesium deficiency and skin

[Ah...]

I have had magnesium deficiency for the past few months and it effected my skin really badly make my skin falling apart like an old person please help please help me do you guys know if it’s reversible?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Ah...]

• [Aj...]

• [Ch...]

• [be...]

I was following carnivore diet and I didn’t use electrolytes I didn’t know I should then I lost a lot of water almost all water in my body and I ve got very sick very very sick I tried to go back eating normally but I was so sick still until couple of days ago I realize my skin changed it’s getting really red and it painful to touch and it was pealing I developed rinkles and a lot of tiny scars on my skin I couldn’t sleep at night and having rapid heart beat restless leg and when I started to take magnesium supplements my skin is not painful anymore and my leg is getting back to normal and my heart rate better it was all because magnesium leaves my body when I’ve got dehydrated and I didn’t know now I am scared cause it effects my skin really bad don’t know what to do

Ahoooo,

You opened another thread just like this on the Protracted forum.  Several members and an Admin replied several times to you, asking how you know you are deficient in magnesium.  Eastcoast just asked you the same question.  Perhaps now you will answer it.

Sofa

How do you know you are deficient in Magnesium?

Weird skin stuff is normal in benzo wd.

Tell us more and we can help you.

east

I’d like to know too. :)

Ahoooo,

You opened another thread just like this on the Protracted forum.  Several members and an Admin replied several times to you, asking how you know you are deficient in magnesium.  Eastcoast just asked you the same question.  Perhaps now you will answer it.

Sofa

I know I am magnesium deficient because I experienced rapid heart beat insomnia irritability ringing in my ears skin issues that freaking me out I developed fat deposits different part of my body that I never had these are all symptoms of magnesium deficiency I also have dry dry skin that cracking all the time

And when I took magnesium supplements I started to feel better that’s how I know I am deficient in magnesium I am in a really bad condition right now emotionally because of my skin and my body is just really weak and sick

Blood tests is not accurate for checking the magnesium level there is only 1% in the blood serum so it doesn’t show how much the person have in their tissues

Well my Dr often checks mine.

Are you now eating plenty of foods that could brain magnesium?

Do you have any malabsorption problems?

My body cannot process fats since WD.

I don’t think I do have malabsorption problems if your body can’t process fat since withrawal maybe you also have magnesium deficiency don’t trust the blood test results it’s not accurate it doesn’t show a lot of people have symptoms seems to be nag deficiency but because their blood tests normal doctor often tell them it’s something else or they don’t what that is but after taking mag supplements their symptoms tend to disappear

Ahoooo,

I don’t know where you are getting your information.  There are many websites that state this below:

A blood test is the most common way to find out your magnesium level. You may hear the term “total serum magnesium test.” The magnesium blood test is like other blood tests you may have had. A nurse or other health worker will clean your skin, insert a needle into a vein in your arm or hand, and take a sample of blood.May 10, 2019

I have had my magnesium levels tested before and never once did anyone say it was 1% accurate.  No website I found said it was that inaccurate either.  I seriously doubt doctors would use a test (or insurance companies would pay for) a test that was 1% accurate.

You are letting your health anxiety run away with you.  You are self-diagnosing.  Wouldn’t it be better to go to a professional of some sort to determine why you are having these (and other symptoms) that frighten you so much?

Sofa

Ahoooo,

I don’t know where you are getting your information.  There are many websites that state this below:

A blood test is the most common way to find out your magnesium level. You may hear the term “total serum magnesium test.” The magnesium blood test is like other blood tests you may have had. A nurse or other health worker will clean your skin, insert a needle into a vein in your arm or hand, and take a sample of blood.May 10, 2019

I have had my magnesium levels tested before and never once did anyone say it was 1% accurate.  No website I found said it was that inaccurate either.  I seriously doubt doctors would use a test (or insurance companies would pay for) a test that was 1% accurate.

You are letting your health anxiety run away with you.  You are self-diagnosing.  Wouldn’t it be better to go to a professional of some sort to determine why you are having these (and other symptoms) that frighten you so much?

Sofa

Sofa you changed your photo didn’t recognize you I am glad you are hear

Please listen to this video a lot of doctors now they find out that it doesn’t come to the blood but still a lot of doctors think the blood tests are accurate my symptoms specially my skin issues could be greatly avoided if all doctors knew it

Well, if your skin fell apart in three days, most likely you can fix it quickly.  My skin took a real nose dive in withdrawal, but I’m 66 and my skin was headed that way anyway.

One thing for sure is that vanity is the least of your worries in withdrawal.  Everything looks, uh, questionable in withdrawal.  At least I had a bunch of questions.

When you are fully recovered all will go back to the way it used to be.  I didn’t look like a trampoline before withdrawal, so I don’t expect to look like one afterward.

Such is life.

Sofa

Well, if your skin fell apart in three days, most likely you can fix it quickly.  My skin took a real nose dive in withdrawal, but I’m 66 and my skin was headed that way anyway.

One thing for sure is that vanity is the least of your worries in withdrawal.  Everything looks, uh, questionable in withdrawal.  At least I had a bunch of questions.

When you are fully recovered all will go back to the way it used to be.  I didn’t look like a trampoline before withdrawal, so I don’t expect to look! like one afterward.

Such is life.

Sofa

Thank you sofa I hope I recover from this it’s really brutal I started supplementing magnesium for couple of days now things are getting better but not normal yet I hope my skin heals I am so scared

ahoooo:

And when I took magnesium supplements I started to feel better that’s how I know I am deficient in magnesium

So take some more!!!! And keep track of how much you take, which kind, and in which ways it makes you feel better. Although I'd sure feel better if you'd get some blasted medical advice!

You know, ahoooo, on here we know zip about medical issues. Or almost zip. We are not doctors. We are not naturopaths. We are not dermatologists. We can only pass on what we've experienced, and no one seems to have experienced this.

I agree with Sofa. Of course mag levels can be tested. But you don't want to do that. You have self diagnosed. Okay.

ahoooooo, we can't tell you what you want to hear i.e. "Will I be all right?" I think only a medical professional can tell you that.

Katz

I don’t think I do have malabsorption problems if your body can’t process fat since withrawal maybe you also have magnesium deficiency don’t trust the blood test results it’s not accurate it doesn’t show a lot of people have symptoms seems to be nag deficiency but because their blood tests normal doctor often tell them it’s something else or they don’t what that is but after taking mag supplements their symptoms tend to disappear

If I do it is itrelevent because can’t take mag supplement as makes head whoosh, fizz, makes hyperacusis and psychotic stuff worse as do all meds and anything g that hits gaba receptors.

I took mag citrate for years before WD as part of ME/CFS protocol.

ahoooo:

And when I took magnesium supplements I started to feel better that’s how I know I am deficient in magnesium

So take some more!!!! And keep track of how much you take, which kind, and in which ways it makes you feel better. Although I'd sure feel better if you'd get some blasted medical advice!

You know, ahoooo, on here we know zip about medical issues. Or almost zip. We are not doctors. We are not naturopaths. We are not dermatologists. We can only pass on what we've experienced, and no one seems to have experienced this.

I agree with Sofa. Of course mag levels can be tested. But you don't want to do that. You have self diagnosed. Okay.

ahoooooo, we can't tell you what you want to hear i.e. "Will I be all right?" I think only a medical professional can tell you that.

Katz

Unfortunately I am sure about the fact that magnesium levels in the blood not accurate this is true you can do your own research

Please help me to find out if the symptoms gonna go away I am a girl I can’t afford to have bad skin

My skin is like a 90 year olds. Thin, loose and wrinkled.

Half my hair has fallen out, literally going bald.

All my muscles wasted almost over night.

I have been told these things are normal and, compared to my other symptoms, the are minor things that hopefully will recover if I can survive the extreme other muscular and sensory symptoms I have.

If you don’t have malabsorption or food intolerances eat foods containing magnesium.

And if you can take magnesium supplement you are lucky. I wish a I could as it might help ease the rigidity in my muscles which are literally crush g my body.

Please help me to find out if the symptoms gonna go away I am a girl I can’t afford to have bad skin

My skin is like a 90 year olds. Thin, loose and wrinkled.

Half my hair has fallen out, literally going bald.

All my muscles wasted almost over night.

I have been told these things are normal and, compared to my other symptoms, the are minor things that hopefully will recover if I can survive the extreme other muscular and sensory symptoms I have.

If you don’t have malabsorption or food intolerances eat foods containing magnesium.

And if you can take magnesium supplement you are lucky. I wish a I could as it might help ease the rigidity in my muscles which are literally crush g my body.

My life is practically ended if it doesn’t reverse I am only 32 years old and not married if I wouldn’t heal I rather be dead than alive I should go dangerous part of town maybe one bad person kill me my skin was the only thing I have had left

Your skin will be fine.

Eat properly and massage some vitamin e cream in to it if you don’t have any intolerance  to it.

Baylissa said her skin was papery and hanging off from WD but it all returned to normal.

I wish a I could post you pictures of how my hands look and my bald head.