Author Topic: Weighted Blankets on sale at Costco  (Read 429 times)

[Buddie]

Weighted Blankets on sale at Costco
« on: December 14, 2019, 05:38:57 pm »
For those who have access to Costco, I was there yesterday and saw nice, high quality (IMO) weighted blankets for sleep and anxiety. Theyíre on sale for $59.99 (reg. 69.99) have a zippered removable/washable cover and weigh 15 pounds, which is about right for most adults.

Iíve made a number of weighted blankets in the past for autistic kids and adults with insomnia and/or anxiety. Thereís no way I could make one this reasonably.  If you have the interest and the means Iíd recommend giving one of these a try.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

Re: Weighted Blankets on sale at Costco
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2019, 07:41:13 pm »
Walmart has 15lb for $45, they carry them in stores here- https://www.walmart.com/ip/Tranquility-Temperature-Balancing-Weighted-Blanket-with-Washable-Cover-15-lbs/595123700?selected=true

I have been thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these for awhile.

Edit: commercial link
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 02:01:42 am by [Buddie] »
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2019, 07:59:45 pm »
My wife bought me one for my birthday a few weeks ago. Sleep has definitely improved. I could have been in an insomnia wave right before, but I went from 5 hours a night back to my normal 7. Perhaps my son was sleeping through the night too, or work stress resolved- sorry, not much of a double-blind study, but I do feel more secure in it too.

[Buddie]

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2019, 04:03:17 pm »
I remember reading about those a lil while ago as something that could potentially help insomnia. My only concern is that they're filled with beads right? My dog sleeps with me and likes chewing things so I'm not sure if it'd be safe. If the materials thick enough...maybe. I would love to try one of those.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 04:44:34 pm by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2019, 01:59:56 am »
I remember reading about those a lil while ago as something that could potentially help insomnia. My only concern is that they're filled with beads right? My dog sleeps with me and likes chewing things so I'm not sure if it'd be safe. If the materials thick enough...maybe. I would love to try one of those.

I canít speak to the WalMart blankets, but the Costco blankets are quite durable.  I unzipped the outside cover and pinched the inside blanket and am not sure what has been used for weight but unlikely a dog would chew it. Each corner has a tie inside that keeps the weighted insert in place. Heavy duty metal zipper, not a cheaply made blanket.

[Buddie]

« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2019, 02:17:20 am »
Hey thanks for getting back to me. That's good to know. Hopefully they'll still be there and on sale during my next trip to Costco :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2019, 01:53:05 am »
I like be my weighted blanket but this sounds like an excellent buy.  I bought mine from SensiDream in California and paid a lot more.  This sounds like the same blanket with the ties and a better zipper.  I wonder if itís glass beads or plastic.  Maybe Iíll buy it anyways.

Thanks [...]!

[Buddie]

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2019, 11:18:38 am »
I would try but am weak now, live in tiny place and it is hard to make my bed at all.  I have a comforter on bed, which is full size.   I don't have storage in this place, so have not tried one.  Yet sleep my number one problem and such conditioned habit dont know if it would help.
Are they hot?

[Buddie]

« Reply #8 on: January 03, 2020, 03:47:57 am »
I was at Sam's club today and on a whim I decided to see if they had any weighted blankets. Sure enough they had them. Picked up one that is 15lbs and comes with 2 covers, a fluffy microfiber warm one and a white cotton "cooling" cover.

It was less than $19 plus tax.

[Buddie]

« Reply #9 on: January 03, 2020, 06:28:13 am »
Wow, what a deal!  Worth trying for sure at that price!