When does insomnia go away and normal sleep return?

[Ph...]

I’m 11 months off and was on clonopin for 15 years.  During my taper I started getting insomnia and sleeping like crap.  Today I have 2-3 nights I either don’t sleep or get 1-2 hours. When does it get back to normal?

I’m in a similar boat as you.  On 3mg of Klonopin since 2001/02. 

I’m yet to fall asleep without some sort of aid.  The first two months off I would try to fall asleep naturally every night but it never worked.  Would then have to load up on melatonin and magnesium which eventually knocked me out but sleep quality was terrible and I woke up exhausted.  Two months out I was put on mirtazapine.  It knocked me out but then I couldn’t wake up.  Just a zombie all day.  I’m going to get off of it because it removes my personality and makes me worthless.

I’m 11 months off and was on clonopin for 15 years.  During my taper I started getting insomnia and sleeping like crap.  Today I have 2-3 nights I either don’t sleep or get 1-2 hours. When does it get back to normal?

I had disturbed sleep during my recovery and it’s now fine. I just continued healthy living with lots of fresh air, healthy eating and simple meditation. I don’t buy any of this supplement lark, you’ll spend a fortune tormenting yourself trying to ‘get it right’. Remember we are all in this s*** because we took pills in the first place. Magic solutions don’t exist or we’d all be doing it. Live healthily.

Good luck

G