See a naturopathic doctor or wait it out?

[6e...]

[6e...]
Ok benzo warriors, sorry I have been posting so much lately. I need advice. Should I go to a naturopathic doctor who will most likely want to give me supplements or wait it out?

Just my opinion, but I would wait it out. I have hundreds of dollars worth of partially used supplements in my cabinet. None of them helped me and several even exacerbated symptoms. Im 13 months off and feeling better. I still have several side effects that are still with me, but they seem to be slowly improving as well. My advice: Eat a balanced diet, excercise as you can tolerate, rest as much as possible, and give it time. I know we have all heard this many times, but TIME is our best friend in this battle. Keep fighting and trust that you are healing even when it feels that you are not. Take care.

Fp

I don't have any experience with a naturopath, and I didn't take supplements when I was suffering but I've read so many members posts about what helped and what didn't and I've never seen a consensus that anything helped 100%.  The problem with trying supplements for this is you're the guinea pig, and you pay the price if something goes wrong, most members will say it's not worth it, the pain or the price.

You're only 8 months out, and I know that's an incredibly long time, but you're still healing.  Have you taken a look at  The Ashton Manual lately, I read it a lot, especially the symptoms in chapter 3, it helped me to know that what I was feeling was normal, well normal is a rediculous word to describe this process.  :tickedoff:

You know when I said I didn't try supplements, well I didn't and my symptoms still waxed and waned just like everyone else's did.  Do we really know what causes our setbacks when we never know from one day to the next how we're going to feel, regardless of anything we do or don't do?  I'm not saying that it's not a good idea to try things that could help, but really, we just don't know what will or what won't, so maybe just holding still, and allowing our body to do it's job without loading more unknowns in to the mix might be best.

Would your husband agree to look at the manual, to see that what you're dealing with is part of this process, that in order to get past it, you have to go through it?  The healing on the other side is wonderful, I hope you can hold on to your hope.

A functional doctor gave me some supplements. Fish oil, vitamin d3, and probiotics. None of them helped me and fish oil made my insomnia worse. I've tried so many supplements and nothing has helped me.

[6e...]
Thank you for your responses. I would like to do some tests to check my levels. They mentioned detoxing and gut Heath. If I do supplements I will do one at a time and make sure they they are food based... We'll see, I'll talk about my concerns with the nurse practitioner. Natural approach.

The only supplement that helps me in any way is magnesium.  Takes the edge off a little and helps me sleep. 

I’m with Boom on fish oil.  Made my anxiety, sleep and DP/DR worse. 

Whatever you do, don’t take Co-Q10.  I tried that this week to fight fatigue and I couldn’t sleep at all and was a wreck for 2 days.