Acute phase? Encouragement needed

[9e...]

Hope it eases up for u soon Tweed..

Thank you Cant ❤️

Did you have an acute phase?

Mire that things changed a bit, but the intensity wasnt much worse.. Well, the best I can tell, but I had a huge life stress event at week 2, and went on to taper other meds.. It was a sudden C/O that “got” me, but I guess its all in the mix, -everything plays its role... -Till it doesnt...

If I stand back, jump time was my best time in the last 5yrs actually... But thats the short story.. :(

Personally, I wouldnt read TOO much into a 2-3month post jump increase in SX, -as far as long term prediction goes... One day at a time time, I guess...  Not sure our brains get that memo though...

Hope it eases up for u soon Tweed..

Thank you Cant ❤️

Did you have an acute phase?

Mire that things changed a bit, but the intensity wasnt much worse.. Well, the best I can tell, but I had a huge life stress event at week 2, and went on to taper other meds.. It was a sudden C/O that “got” me, but I guess its all in the mix, -everything plays its role... -Till it doesnt...

If I stand back, jump time was my best time in the last 5yrs actually... But thats the short story.. :(

Personally, I wouldnt read TOO much into a 2-3month post jump increase in SX, -as far as long term prediction goes... One day at a time time, I guess...  Not sure our brains get that memo though...

It’s so interesting how everyone is SO incredibly different in this. Some people don’t Seem to go through an intense acute period, others do, others it’s just like a cut.

I loved your last paragraph, how I feel now doesn’t mean anything really. I could feel improvement any day now. And I am so glad to be free of this awful stuff. I really am so grateful for every day I get through off it. One day closer........

Thats the one..!! :)

While a comparison between us is useless, I will say that for just about everything, any med or event post benzo induction, I seem to get hit hardest at 2-3months after, and then im ready to go again (ish)...

Trust the process...

:)

Tweed, from my experience, you’re in the eye of the storm. My acute peaked at 5 weeks off and lasted about 10 days but was heightened/lengthened in that it coincided  with my cycle further magnifying my neuropathic pain. Looking back in my journal, symptoms began to soften about the 10th day followed by a pattern of weeds and windows but with noticeable days or hours of almost 80% comfort in my own skin. 

I also thought I was doomed, but it did lift, and so will yours, Tweed. 

Sadly,  other than baths, showers, ice and heat, nothing helped ease the situation. I “felt” better if I could share what was happening to ease the fear and solitude.

As trite as it sounds, just keep on fighting and wading through the final weeds of acute ....

Sending you much support and encouragement 💕

Thank you so much both.

The weird thing is I’m getting some really short windows thrown into all of this too for like 30 mins at a time. Brain must be working very hard.

I really hope this phase isn’t too long for me.

I am just walking round the house as much as I can, warm baths, relaxed nature documentary in the background, just trying to find any encouragement that this will pass and things will ease xx

Exactly, Tweed.  The brain is fighting hard to figure this out and all that can really be done is exactly what you are doing.  How is your sleep?

Tweed8,

My experience is this: I probably tapered too quickly but once I was off I did all the things I was supposed to do: sleep well, exercise, eat well, relax. I am no hero but I realised that I had to treat my body well if I was to recover quickly.

I had nothing like the number of symptoms you are experiencing but I went from bad M1-3, to worse M4-7, to better M8-12, to even better M13 - now.

I am not symptom free but I can feel myself progressing.

So my message to you is that improvement can happen. Like most things it’s a mix of luck and hard work.

Work hard and be lucky

G

You can make it my lovely .

You are so strong and you have a certainty that you will heal and you most certainly will ,

You are going through the hardest part now and you have not waivered ,.

A full and happy life is waiting for you, just keep doing all you are doing, and you will get there

Jen