Sudden inability to read

[1d...]

[1d...]
Has anyone had the experience where you're reading something and you realise that the words aren't making any sense and you've no idea what each word means or the meaning of what you're reading. Like the words are unrecognizable as words? I had this last week and then an hour later got hit by a monster wave, was pretty scary, like a dementia type sx.

Yes I've had this.  At my worst, I can't read at all.. exactly like you described.  That's been quite a while now.. maybe 2 years ago.  I still get reoccurring times where it's hard to follow a story line, but it comes and goes and not nearly as severe as earlier.  It's scary, but it's getting better.

Thanks Turtle and Sundance, I'm almost 2 years off and getting hit with horror stuff, thanks for the reassurance.

I'm so sorry SS, you have been through too much, and reading is so important to us right now.  I hope it passes quickly.  How is your vision?  Still improving I hope.  LY, Mary 💜

[1d...]
Thanks Mary, it's not that i can't see the words, i can, my vision has improved immensely thank goodness. It's more that the words suddenly become meaningless, as though they're just marks on a page and my brain can't process them. It's only happened a few times but very scary. I'm seeing my neuro again next week so will mention it to him.

Thanks Mary, it's not that i can't see the words, i can, my vision has improved immensely thank goodness. It's more that the words suddenly become meaningless, as though they're just marks on a page and my brain can't process them. It's only happened a few times but very scary. I'm seeing my neuro again next week so will mention it to him.

I am so glad to hear about your vision.  I understood what you meant, and I was glad those people spoke up to say it happened to them, which hopefully means another nasty withdrawal symptom, that too will go away, and soon , I hope.  You are amazing and make me feel like a wimp sometimes  :)

Keep me posted on what Dr says.  Love you, Kathy 💜💜. I would say try not to worry, but that would be impossible.  :(

[1d...]
Oh Mary you're too kind, no way are you a wimp! I'll keep you posted about the neuro, I'm still waiting for the  whizz bang test to be arranged by the cardiologist as he thinks the adrenaline surges have caused a small tear in my heart artery, WTF! All a learning curve i tell myself, i do dread going to the Dr though. xx

Oh Mary you're too kind, no way are you a wimp! I'll keep you posted about the neuro, I'm still waiting for the  whizz bang test to be arranged by the cardiologist as he thinks the adrenaline surges have caused a small tear in my heart artery, WTF! All a learning curve i tell myself, i do dread going to the Dr though. xx

Me too, I am usually ok after I get there, but a wreck waiting.  Will be thinking about you  :smitten: :smitten:

I can’t focus or concentrate and gave up reading as soon as I started withdrawal.  I tried picking up a book a few months ago and it wasn’t happening.  I’ll take it up again when it feels right.

[1d...]

Oh I'm so sorry to hear that Becks, stress is a severe danger to a compromised and fragile cns, i know. Sending you love, peace and a healing hug.

SS. xx

yea in my opinion its all the anxiety in your mind yelling at you making it hard to focus on anything. At the worst stages, my withdrawal symptoms were all I could focus on but you must push past it, it won't last long. practice more and more and it will come back with time

Have this on and off atm and still retapering.

Ajusta, you are retapering?

I thought you were better off on, not off?

I know you have had lots of severe problems and wish you had not tapered off in the first place.

Made me so happy and relieved to read that your sight is improving Southern.  :angel:

I couldn't read a book if you paid me.  Just cannot concentrate.  No inclination.

I have from time to time a type of dyslexia.  Only way I can describe it.  Didn't have it previously, bit of a speed reader. 

Now words look as if the letters are in the wrong place.  Transposed.  Not all of the time by any means, but it happens. 

Again, so very happy about your sight returning Southern.  Upset me very much when you first told us. 

Dee

:smitten:

[1d...]
Thanks Dee, yeah I'm amazed at how I've recovered, still not out of the woods yet by any means, getting there though, I'll be able to see the barra jumping at any rate! What a long hard road this is.