Roxanne West Valium Solution DLMT HELP

[md...]

Hello,

Having a hard time and in tolerance and. trying to taper down from 4.25 mg of Roxanne West solution 5mg 5ml .25 mg every 2 weeks. I have chronic insomnia and wake every night at the same time at 3 am with sweats, skin on fire, heart palpitations and more and trying to figure out a better way to taper and trick my CNS. I'm. not sure if the solution has been bothering me since I transitioned over this past July, but does any have a DLMT formula they. can share with me? I am also wondering.  if I should shift to the pills and use that to DLMT?

Thanks!

If you think the Roxanne is bothering you (it did me) you could always make a vodka/water/valium "home brew". I did that and tapered all the way to zero using it.

Sure, you could switch to pills and use them to DLMT. That's the basis of the method.

What I (and other on here too) did was simple. 1 mg of valium (cut a 2 mg pill in half) and 2 ml of vodka/Everclear. I let it sit for about 5 minutes. Then I added 98 mls of water. You can remove very small amounts then.

Another way to microtaper is to weigh your pills and cut very small amounts off them. That was too much trouble for me. So I went with the vodka method.

I'm sure others will chime in with what works(ed) for them.

Good luck,

Katz

I am doing a liquid/pill combo and am at 6.3 mg, with 1.3 mg currently being Roxane and 5 mg being TEVA Valium - I just moved 1 of my mgs to Roxane so I'm still "trialing" it still.  I dose 3 times per day.  I am only cutting .01 mg per day so less than you - I'm also in tolerance and suffering but since crossing from Klonopin, things have been better.  Are you doing .25 mg drops at a time or daily decreases?  If .25 mg drops, why not change to do daily decreases and see how that goes and possibly slow your rate down?  How many times per day do you dose?

Did you start with the Roxane or originally use pills? 

Here's what I do for my solution.  I get a pharmacy bottle with an adapter cap and I have 3 types of syringes - a 60 ML syringe, a 10 ML syringe, and a 1 ML syringe.  For 1 mg of Roxane, I add 49 ML of water, making a 1mg/50ML suspension.  A .01 mg cut is then equal to .5 ML.  You can create a spreadsheet and calculate how much to draw up or discard, depending on how you want to do it.  I also use a kitchen scale that measures to the nearest ML to check for accuracy b/c I'm paranoid.  I also rinse my bottles out with water and drink once I am done.  I've seen people who only add 9 ML for 1 ML of Roxane (making a 10 ML solution) and you can do that as well or even 19 ML (for 20 ML solution), recalculating how much your cut is.  I can't stand the taste so more dilution is better for me.

I can tell you this......with Klonopin, I was NOT able to do homemade liquid.  There are many who just cannot tolerate for whatever reason.  That's why I'm cautiously trialing this.  If I can't do it, I will be doing a daily dry cut/weigh with the scale but it's a huge pain. 

So sorry for your suffering.  There are definitely levels of hell in this. 

Hello, mdv42.  I’m sorry you’ve hit a rough patch.  Those 3 a.m. “alarm bells” are no fun.

I wonder if one or more of the following might be contributing to your current distress ...

(1) The amount of V you were prescribed for substitution (maybe on the low side?).

(2) Your rapid transition from K to V (one week is very fast).

(3) The large percentage cuts you made at the beginning of your V taper:

7mg V 1 week 12.5% reduction (from 8mg to 7mg)

6mg V 2 weeks 14.29% reduction (from 7mg to 6mg)

5mg V 2 weeks 16.67% reduction (from 6mg to 5mg)

(4) The fact that your percentage reductions are escalating as you get lower in dose because you are reducing by a fixed amount (0.25mg):

5.75mg

5.5mg  4.35% reduction (from 5.75mg to 5.5mg)

5.25mg 4.55%

5mg      4.76%

4.75mg  5%

4.5mg    5.26%

4.25mg  5.56%

I agree with Momof7babes - you might want to consider slowing down your taper rate.  Making smaller reductions on a more frequent basis is also a possibility.  However, you would need to provide more information if you desire assistance with a schedule:

(1) What taper rate do you want to try?  (e.g. what percentage reduction do you want to make over what period of time - e.g. 4% over 30 days).

(2) What is the concentration of the prescription oral solution you are using?  Are you using it “as manufactured” (i.e. 5mg per 5mL = 1mg per 1mL)?  Or are you diluting it?  If the latter, how many mLs of the prescription oral solution do you use at a time?  How many mLs of water do you add to it?

(3) Per Momof7babes, how many times per day do you dose?  At what time(s)? How much per dose?

Edit: Added questions about daily dosing times and amounts

Hello everyone and thank. you for your responses.

I use the 5 mg/ 5 ml Roxanne West solution. I would like to try to taper 10% per month as I am already in tolerance and feel like the sooner I get off, the better to begin the healing process. I am down to 4.25 mg of the. solution and take it once nightly before bed around 10 - 1030 and mix with it with give or take 40 to 50 mls of water.

Before deciding if I need to switch out. the solution, what kind of schedule would you recommend and how would you dose it using DLMT?

Thanks again!

Matthew

Matthew,

It really may help you if you split your dose - you may have to do it gradually but it really might help.  The duration of action of V is much shorter than the half life. 

Is Builder on here any longer to give a schedule???

Hello everyone and thank. you for your responses.

I use the 5 mg/ 5 ml Roxanne West solution. I would like to try to taper 10% per month as I am already in tolerance and feel like the sooner I get off, the better to begin the healing process. I am down to 4.25 mg of the. solution and take it once nightly before bed around 10 - 1030 and mix with it with give or take 40 to 50 mls of water.

Before deciding if I need to switch out. the solution, what kind of schedule would you recommend and how would you dose it using DLMT?

Thanks again!

Matthew

Here is a sample taper schedule reducing 10% from 4.25mg. It was made using this calculator . If this rate becomes to fast it can be easily adjusted.

Thank you so much for sharing this! Do you think I may be able to taper off the 4.25 mg faster than 9 months, or do you think that could be dangerous ground?

Matthew,

It really may help you if you split your dose - you may have to do it gradually but it really might help.  The duration of action of V is much shorter than the half life. 

Yes, on Titration, but I think Libertas is good at schedules too.  Math brain  ;)

It's a very simple procedure that any one can do. Example:

10mg daily dose

5% reduction every 14 days

Daily dose X percentage cut:

10mg X 5% = .5mg reduction

Divide reduction by days:

.5mg/14 days = .036mg/day reduction (and if you want, you can round up to .04mg/day, or round down to .03mg/day)

The formula works for any benzo, any dose level, and any desired taper rate.

Thank you everyone. One last question, I have been on the Roxanne West solution for 5 months and noticed I always wake up after a few hours. with night sweats, heart palpitations and insomnia. I have looked uo the ingredients and their is some nasty stuff in there (poplin glycol and polyethylene glycol) in which many people stated had adverse effects. I am wondering if I switched to the pills and did the DLMT if it would be better or worse because have been sticking through the past 5 months feeling miserable??

Mdv, if you are miserable, changing sometimes is only way to find the path that works for you.  If you change, change over slowly to give your body and brain an opportunity to stabilize with your moves, then maybe even hold awhile when the crossover is done.  Then start tapering slowly.  You have to realize though, there is no promise, this will be the answer.  Just no real answers when dealing with benzo's.  Trial and error and hopefully success..... :).  Good luck, Mary 🍀🍀🍀🍀🍀

Thank you everyone. One last question, I have been on the Roxanne West solution for 5 months and noticed I always wake up after a few hours. with night sweats, heart palpitations and insomnia. I have looked uo the ingredients and their is some nasty stuff in there (poplin glycol and polyethylene glycol) in which many people stated had adverse effects. I am wondering if I switched to the pills and did the DLMT if it would be better or worse because have been sticking through the past 5 months feeling miserable??

Normal WD sxs.  Unlikely it has anything to do with your Rx liquid.

Yes, many have reported adverse effects from the pharma liquid, mostly being nausea, but some folks have reported they seem to metabolize the liquid quicker. If you suspect a sensitivity issue, I would suggest combining tablets with liquid using the minimal amount of liquid as possible.

So if you are at 4.25mg you could take 4mg in tablets and .25mg in liquid. Try this and see if it helps. :thumbsup:

I have also read reports of people being sensitive to the pharma liquid. I agree that using tablets and liquid might be a good alternative for now.

• 2 months later...

Thank you. I  have been dealing  with lyme disease bartonella ,  babesia and cirs so its been a while.

I am at 2.5mg V -  Splitting  sounds like a great idea, how can I split this gradually?  Thanks again!

Best mdv

You could start by taking 2mg in pills and .5mg/ml in liquid.  Once you do this give yourself a week or two in case there is any increase in SXS.  Once you make sure that you are stable, you use the liquid portion to gradually taper,  Then when you get down to 2mg of valium a day, switch to 1 mg of pills and 1 mg of liquid.  Use the liquid portion to taper.  Once you get down to 1 mg you switch to all liquid and taper from there.

I am currently taking 1 mg by pills--a 2 mg pill broken in half, and .86 mgs by liquid.  My liquid is a made from a mix of 1 part liquid diazepam and 9 parts water.  I take 8.6 mls of this liquid, since the way it is diluted, 10 mils of the liquid is equal to 1 ml/1mg of valium/diasepam.

• 1 month later...

Katz,

For your home brew did you use distilled water?  Also only vodka is necessary as a solvent for Valium, right?  I did a successful dlmt for 3 years. Now since this crash, I’m utterly terrified about starting liquid. Don’t want to do rx liquid.

I haven’t tapered in 7 months.

For your home brew did you use distilled water?  Also only vodka is necessary as a solvent for Valium, right?  I did a successful dlmt for 3 years. Now since this crash, I’m utterly terrified about starting liquid. Don’t want to do rx liquid.

I haven’t tapered in 7 months.

Nope, I just used tap water. And right, only vodka is necessary for a solvent. I used 2 ml of vodka, 1 mg of valium (I cut a 2 mg pill in half) waited for about 5 minutes, then added 98 ml of water, stirred, took out whatever amount I was going to reduce, tossed it away, and drank the rest. Easy peasy.

I know you're worried, Mag, but once you start it will be second nature.

Good luck,

Katz

I’m terrified after this crash. Never once had a problem before. Tried 3 days of liquid brew 2 weeks ago, then stopped. 7 to 10 days later, horrible new symptoms. Are they related? Who knows but I have ptsd now. I was only liquefying 1 mg. Why didn’t the Val liquid rx work for you? I don’t want to have to go that route.

Why didn’t the Val liquid rx work for you?

I couldn't stand the cheesy wintergreen taste. Or the sweetener. When I made up my "home brew" it had no objectionable taste. A teeny bit of vodka which I could barely taste, dissolved valium, and a lot of water.

Why don't you want to go the liquid Rx route? I would have if I could have tolerated the taste.

Katz