Akathisia relief?

[He...]

About 2 months completely off now. Probably been in withdrawal for over a year. Insomnia, racing thoughts and Akathisia, random numbness and feeling a “loss of connection” to my limbs while driving, anxiety and panic are the usual things that get to me since I’ve jumped off.

But I need to ask...did anything help you guys with the Akathisia? I have propanolol and mirtrazapine available to me at the moment. I’ve taken the mirt a few times. 7.5mg Helped me sleep almost instantly the first day, and i felt strangely “normal” the following day. But kept having an odd feeling that this is too good to be true and I feel that it’s just being masked and will rear its ugly head even worse than before. So I’m pretty cautious with the mirtrazapine/remeron. I’ve read some bad horror stories about it as well.

I stopped acupuncture a month ago, along with massages to help relax. Fear of driving and agoraphobia have gotten the best of me for almost 2 months now. Did anything help with the aka and/or racing thoughts?

Mirtazapine helped my akathisia a lot.  7.5mg is a low dose.  I’ve taken it a few different times over the past 20 years.  Of course I was on Klonopin every time I stopped it but I recall about a three day withdrawal each time.