What is this

[...]

It’s been happening more and more. I’m almost 20 months off, I’m starting to look for other reasons. Ex. Online counseling Skype session about 15-20 mins in my brain starts to slowly feel pressurized then after a few more minutes I feel so heavy/fuzzy headed I can’t make out what the counselor is saying. Get off the phone with her and I have to seclude myself in my dark room with ice packs on my head for this AWFUL pressurized/spacey brain feeling to subside. It happens as the sun is setting every night, or if someone comes over and the they are over and taking longer than a few mins.

This is partially why I CANT go into stores/restaurants this damn brain crap happens to me every time. Damn near feel drugged. It happens last night as a friend was over and sun was setting. I’m 20 months off wtf!!!!

Also my brain feels awful and pressurized ljke this when exposed to any stimuli outside like rain, snow, fog etc

Also if still so dizzy, not really dizzy per say it’s more of a heavy fuzzy head. I wake up with it and go to bed with it. There’s NEVER EVER reprieve from it and at 20 months there should be. If I move my head slightly it’s a vertigo/dizzy feeling. Just holding head still it’s fuzzy, I know the dizzish feeljng is there. This is a miseravle way to live. What if this is not wd?

The intense brain pressure and feels ljke I can’t talk when my brain builds and builds and feels heavy is scary!!!!!!

I woke up after sleeping great and the brain stuff is still there!!!!!feels ljke there is a weight in my brain 24/7, then the diZzish feeljngs kick in making for a lovely day

It might ease your anxiety to have this checked. Over the past year and a half i have read about very bizarre and persistent sx. But we cannot give medical advice or presume a diagnosis. Please see your doctor; they will put this quandary to rest.

Ok this is just an opinion, not advice in any way. Maybe insist on another scan. But when that comes back normal, and it probably will, then it is time for you to let go of the nightmarish torture of "not knowing what this is." I am no expert, but I have experienced hell on earth. And so many of our fellow benzo warriors have too. This might be your healing reaction. Hold onto that hope, and know that the body is incredibly able to regenerate and heal. Put the dilemma to rest with one more scan maybe, then just accept.....do what you can to calm yourself, eat right, drink tons of good water....and let time heal you. Yes what you describe is bizarre, but in a way each of us is walking their own healing path with individual challenges. Please hang in there.

Thank you joyatlast. I did go to ER last month for this and the Er dr said the likelihood of “something” developing after 1 year is none and sent me home. I guess I could ask my primary md for one. My brain just feels this way 24/7 and I’m tired of it. With how awful I feel I think there is no way to not have a tumor or something wrong.

Ok, I think I can help you if you are open. We all are wary of doctors, because in many ways doctors let us take these drugs for too long. It is natural to be wary. That being said, try to not let this bleed over to mistrust of all doctors. You were given some very comforting advice. Now you must convince your benzo brain to believe.  Your symptoms seem overwhelming but think of them as how hard your body is trying to stabilize. Anxiety adds an extra layer you don't need right now.  ;) Look on the forums for people with similar brain feelings. I highly doubt you are alone. Read the success stories. And if you repeat to yourself 100 times a day, "the doctor says I am ok, I am healing day by day" just do that and let the affirmation firmly plant in your head. Trust that there is no tumor. You are in repair mode. Stay on your path and here is a hug!! :thumbsup:

Hey there! Not sure if you are in the states or not, but here in the U.S. there are actually many places that do walk in MRI,s!

Yep, walk in! It costs about $300 and you don't even need a docs order!

Granted it may not help if you cannot afford it. I couldn't walk and needed to have MRIs faster than my insurance would schedule, so I just did it myself (with some help of family).

I was amazed that I could just say " I want an MRI of by brain, or neck" give them the money no questions asked and boom, done in 1 day! And results by end of day.

Didn't even know it was a thing!

Just Google it if you haven't already :)