Struggling!! down to 15mg Valium, Help!

[Ol...]

It is December 10th. In the past month and a half I have switched from .75mg of klonopin to the equivalent dose, 15mg of valium. This was a big step. My consistent complaint at this point is that I am getting headaches all the time, and I get my anxious tensions/ chest tightening even when I am not at work (thats new). In addition my memory and concentration has started to waiver as well. I am still able to do my job, but just barely. Socializing with friends has become a lower priority for me and I can sense so depression and agoraphobia growing. I will continue tapering down according to the Ashton Method.

The chest sensation of tightness/ feeling like an elephant is sitting on it has been a constant symptom for years, as well as my social anxiety. Part of me knows that everything is getting worse because of the taper, but part of me is wondering if my anxiety is always going to be social even after the taper. I was a person that never responded to any SSRI's or anti-psychotics. I have stabilized at 15 mg Valium and plan to decrease. Did anybody else feel like they needed to stop working or just feel a complete mental fog at this point?

Lots of people had to stop working, me being one of them. Luckily I got disability. I only started working again this past year. It’s very difficult to make that decision but for me I had no other option because I was brain dead from drugs, it gets better.

Oliveritas, I an looking at your signature and this is just my opinion, but it looks like you tapered the k pretty fast.  .5 mg k is equivalent to 10 mg Diazapam.  So you were tapering 10 mgs equivalency a month.  That's fast.  I am afraid it may have caught up with you.  You said you are stable on the 15 mgs, but you seem to be having quite a few withdrawal symptoms.  Did you crossover to Diazapam all at once or do it slowly?  Again, this is just what I see and read , have you considered holding for awhile, until some of those symptoms calm down?  I am afraid trying to push through may make you feel worse.  It's just a suggestion.  Hope everything works out.  Mary 💜

A while back I was looking at your signature and said to myself, that’s a fast taper. Mary is right I think. I recall dropping my klonopin only 5% a month. It took me forever but I was highly functional throughout. It’s something to think about going forward. :)

I would slow down the taper. taking time off of work may exacerbate depression. There are other AD's that may help. I hated SSRI's. Cymbalta was very good for me. Good luck!!!