Should I Updose to Stabilize before micro titration???

[in...]

I took Xanax over about 10 weeks from a June to August 2019 up to 1.25-1.5 mgs the last couple of weeks.  Then crossed over to 16mg Valium for a week and rapidly reduced to 8.0mgs over 9 weeks.  I became increasingly symptomatic so have held at 8.0mgs for about 5weeks hoping to stabilize.  I have been suffering with severe discreet bouts of depression over the last few weeks.

I am struggling with if I should Updose some to see if I can stabilize and take a break before slowly doing a much slower micro water titration.  Should I continue to hold longer or Updose 2-4 mgs to try to stabilize?

I keep hearing about some people who had failed tapers by tapering way too fast and had to try again.  Even Dr Ashton mentioned this.  This meant they must have Updose day some point to stabilize.

Could anyone who had to Updose and went on to successfully micro taper off let me know of their experiences or even if it did not help.  I am worried about the increasing severe bouts of crying and depression lately and struggle with how to proceed.

🥵