What are your worst symptoms?

[At...]

Currently on 2.5mg of Valium. Made a big cut and just transitioned.

My main/worst symptoms  are anxiety, DP/DR, vision problems (too bright or too dark, sometimes very dreamy), panic and fear.

What are/were your main/worst symptoms?

I’m new here and there is so much info that I haven't seen yet. I am on about 1mg of Xanax (I haven’t been that low in probably a decade). But I’m not as organized as I see most are. That is I just wing things. Even tapering off I’m just winging it.

I can say for me, one of the worst, besides anxiety, is a, well it’s hard to explain. Like hypersensitivity to my body. I went to the doctor as I had a lump in my stomach (I think it was benzo belly now). Boy I was curled up in protection mode as he was touching my stomach.

I think anxiety takes whatever you are anxious about and makes it 100 times worse. I am sensitive about my health anyway. Not to mention I just broke the first bone in my life and I can feel the bone pushing out (not breaking the skin and it’s definitely not in my head. X- rays and doctors have confirmed everything.) So I get anxious and touch the area freaks me out. Xanax takes that away quickly. But I don’t want to take this stuff any more.

So maybe the worse symptoms, at least related to anxiety, will be different for each person. Funny thing about the health thing too, I’m wicked health conscious yet I abused the hell out of these Xanax. I look back and it was insane the amount I was taking. I did look up to see if there was risk to kidneys and liver and never found anything. I would have quit in a heartbeat if I did find something. I was drinking for a while too and saw my triglycerides shoot up and that ended the drinking quickly.

13 months off ativan.

My worst symptoms (post jump):

-Dizziness and lightheadedness**

-Chest pain**

-Anxiety

-Depression**

-Pins and needles

** still present

the depression and feeling like i was losing my mind is easily the worst thing i've experience so far.  chest tightness not so great either.  Newest thing is i keep pushing my tongue into my teeth which has led to a scalloped tongue (it's a real thing look it up).  i can't seem to relax my tongue and stop doing it!  Beats the depression easy tho.  most or all of which are par for the course it seems.

Fear, to the point of wanting to take my life last summer. The terror was relentless. After an updose and long hold the fear is still always there but much milder thank God.

Dizziness, oh yeah. Fear of going out. Palpitations. Sleeplessness. Cross hatch sparkly ocular migraines.  :o But I have to say meditation helps me a lot.  Symptoms are less in terms of amplitude, except for that dizzy  :D off balance thing. We will heal....just takes time.

My main/worst symptoms  are anxiety, DP/DR, vision problems (too bright or too dark, sometimes very dreamy), panic and fear.

My symptoms are exactly the same as yours! The DP/DR seems to get worse with the weather. I also tapered of valium. I really think diet helps. I eat very clean and low carb. Theses symptoms will go. For me stress made things worse. I'm 6 weeks out and after a mega dip things are improving. Hang in there  ;)

Really bad derealization is my worst, even before tapering I had a seizure with all the psych meds I was on and went into this every present terrible state of derealization which has not lifted at all. Then comes anxiety which I cant seem to control and comes out of the blue. Apart from this derealization freaking me out every day, it makes me completely dysfunctional, like I am a prisoner in my own mind and body and i have been housebound since March 2019 because of it, which is a serious bout of agoraphobia. I had to move back in with my sister as I cannot work at present. I can recognize my family, but there is no emotional attachment at all and it feels like I have lost my own identity. Did your derealization ever subside at any stage? I still have not had any change from this state of mind even though I am tapering. It also comes with serious brain fog, amnesia about the past 4 years, cant remember one day to the next etc. Im seriously looking for advice on this, as it is really debilitating.

Palpitations bother me the most. But shaking, internal vibration, chills, insomnia and dizziness are the hated ones. I can handle the psych ones like depression and crying and anxiety a little better. Good thread btw.

Really bad derealization is my worst, even before tapering I had a seizure with all the psych meds I was on and went into this every present terrible state of derealization which has not lifted at all. Then comes anxiety which I cant seem to control and comes out of the blue. Apart from this derealization freaking me out every day, it makes me completely dysfunctional, like I am a prisoner in my own mind and body and i have been housebound since March 2019 because of it, which is a serious bout of agoraphobia. I had to move back in with my sister as I cannot work at present. I can recognize my family, but there is no emotional attachment at all and it feels like I have lost my own identity. Did your derealization ever subside at any stage? I still have not had any change from this state of mind even though I am tapering. It also comes with serious brain fog, amnesia about the past 4 years, cant remember one day to the next etc. Im seriously looking for advice on this, as it is really debilitating.

I had bad dr and dp and dim/dark vision after quitting Lexapro too fast. After reinstating a very small amount (.05mg) for me it went away after about a month. Stupid me started Ativan at around the same time and now I’m in a true hell.

The dr and dp and vision problems I’m getting now from benzos is a whole another beast and makes my lexapro symptoms seem like a walk in the park. Benzos are true and utter hell.

Muscle and joint pain (I have what my Dr. says is a pinched nerve but, I dunno.) Spells of intense tinnitus with vertigo. Poor sleep. Generally feeling crappy.

Fear.

I had bad dr and dp and dim/dark vision after quitting Lexapro too fast. After reinstating a very small amount (.05mg) for me it went away after about a month. Stupid me started Ativan at around the same time and now I’m in a true hell.

The dr and dp and vision problems I’m getting now from benzos is a whole another beast and makes my lexapro symptoms seem like a walk in the park. Benzos are true and utter hell.

We both experiencing the same symptoms, its interesting that Lexapro has this effect on ones vision, I am the same, its either too bright or too dark(like when you dim the lights), I really struggle with vision problems.

• 3 weeks later...

We both experiencing the same symptoms, its interesting that Lexapro has this effect on ones vision, I am the same, its either too bright or too dark(like when you dim the lights), I really struggle with vision problems.

I have exactly the same problems with vision and darkness!

I was on Lorazapam then moved to Valium. It will go eventually.

For me it's the bloody relentless tinnitus. Sheer torture...

Of course, I also have a twisted pelvis due to cramped core muscle, insomnia, fear, depression, etc...

SG