Has anyone tried this with success?

[Jo...]

Hello dear warriors. I am at 3.5 mg valium, started this taper at 40. Because valium lasts so long in our system, has anyone here had success with a skip schedule? I mean...2 days take the taper dose

Then skip all on day 3?  I was wondering if this unorthodox schedule worked for anyone. I still plan on tapering 10% every 2 to 3 weeks nice and slow, but was wondering about a skip day idea? Dumb?

No dumb, -lol cos Iv done it way back when..  One time was my first attempt to jump from 0.5V.. (too soon for me)

But its not done as a general rule, and there are theoretical links to what I would call “micro kindling” that I have read...

But also, I guess the when and why are important too.. If its what helps get one off med at the end, then well, so what...??

Valium half life might come close to being ok every second day for some, -ok meaning a somewhat stable blood level between doses, but I would look into that further myself...

So yeah, a bit of a judgment call imo, and it wouldnt be my first choice... 

Sorry, not much help from me...

:(

[71...]
I agree with CF.  It's occasionally discussed, and you might get away with it for valium.  But most people seem to want to maintain a fairly tight control of the level of drug in their blood since small changes affect some people.  So I've seen more people opt to dose more often versus less often.

I agree with the previous two posts that skipping a dose will probably lead to trouble. Every person's clearance rate of the drug is somewhat different, so even though the half-life is long, it may not give a smooth descent. I'm making an assumption you're thinking that the drug doses may "average out" to a tapered rate.  Unfortunately, you would be dramatically dropping your blood level from the skipped dose at least every 7-8th day following. That's a long time to figure out if it doesn't work, then you have to backtrack.  That would mean peaks and valleys that could precipitate waves.

You know what, after reading these replies, I think the risk outweighs any benefit. I think I will stick t slow and steady. 10% every 2 to 3 weeks. I think I am just getting antsy. Minimizing sx is way more important. And allowing time to heal between cuts is sound strategy. Thank you fellow Benzo travellers! Your replies are so appreciated!

You know what, after reading these replies, I think the risk outweighs any benefit. I think I will stick t slow and steady. 10% every 2 to 3 weeks. I think I am just getting antsy. Minimizing sx is way more important. And allowing time to heal between cuts is sound strategy. Thank you fellow Benzo travellers! Your replies are so appreciated!

Tried n true... -as they say.. :)

Best wishes..

:)