I did it!!!

[Bl...]

Friends,

I am finally free!!! Today is my first day of not taking a dose of benzos!  I took my last dose last night and bawled my eyes out!!! This drug nearly killed me!!! But I got the help and support I needed from the doctors, counselors, psychologists, my husband, family, friends, and friends here on BB, to help me get through my taper.  It takes a village, and I am so thankful to everyone who gave me assistance with support/encouragement, tapering math equations when my brain wouldn't work, reassurance, distraction, get well wishes, karma/vibes and virtual hugs!  I couldn't have done it without all of you here on BB!!! Knowing many of you were going through the same thing I was made me realize I was not alone!  All of us know what this class of medication can do to innocent people!  For those of you out there that are suffering, you CAN GET THROUGH THIS! It may seem like you won't as you are suffering, but you will get to the top of that mountain!  You may be climbing longer than others, or face worse conditions as you take each step, but each step is one step closer to getting your health and life back! You can't give up, it is worth it! There will be times when you feel like it isn't bc the physical and mental anguish of it all is unbearable, but keep persevering, be patient, accept it as it comes.  Let it be!  And you will get there! When hope is lost, find it again, then pour your anger into kicking this drug's ass!!! It can not win! You WILL! I know it may be some time before I feel better but today I am on top of the world! Yes I feel sick, but nothing compares to this feeling! I want my life back! I want to feel confident again! I want to live life to the fullest! Keep holding on everyone, the view from the top is breathtaking!

❤ Blacklablady

Blacklablady,

YAY for you!!! Huge congrats on coming such a long way.... You deserve to feel proud and excited.

Here's to your continued healing and a brand-new life ahead! SO happy for you.

Wildflower

❤️

Friends,

I am finally free!!! Today is my first day of not taking a dose of benzos!  I took my last dose last night and bawled my eyes out!!! This drug nearly killed me!!! But I got the help and support I needed from the doctors, counselors, psychologists, my husband, family, friends, and friends here on BB, to help me get through my taper.  It takes a village, and I am so thankful to everyone who gave me assistance with support/encouragement, tapering math equations when my brain wouldn't work, reassurance, distraction, get well wishes, karma/vibes and virtual hugs!  I couldn't have done it without all of you here on BB!!! Knowing many of you were going through the same thing I was made me realize I was not alone!  All of us know what this class of medication can do to innocent people!  For those of you out there that are suffering, you CAN GET THROUGH THIS! It may seem like you won't as you are suffering, but you will get to the top of that mountain!  You may be climbing longer than others, or face worse conditions as you take each step, but each step is one step closer to getting your health and life back! You can't give up, it is worth it! There will be times when you feel like it isn't bc the physical and mental anguish of it all is unbearable, but keep persevering, be patient, accept it as it comes.  Let it be!  And you will get there! When hope is lost, find it again, then pour your anger into kicking this drugs ass!!! It can not win! You WILL! I know it may be some time before I feel better but today I am on top of the world! Yes I feel sick, but nothing compares to this feeling! I want my life back! I want to feel confident again! I want to live life to the fullest! Keep holding on everyone, the view from the top is breathtaking!

❤ Blacklablady

[glow=red,2,300]"Congratulations". 534.gif[/glow] It is a wonderful feeling as the days go by to realize that you are not tied to making doses and taking them...and time goes by fast. Enjoy and know that you did one of the hardest things to do, and you are now Free!! 💖 Peace and Healing. :smitten:

Congratulations BLL, that is so damn great, I am so happy for you!!  You have been a wonderful buddy on bb :D :D

:yippee: :yippee: :yippee::clap::balloon: :balloon: :mybuddy:

Mary 💜💜💜💜💜

Thanks for the kind words Begood and Miracle!!! I feel a weight has been lifted! I didn't think I would make it at the beginning, but here I am! I appreciate the support from you both!❤

Mary, thank you for all the support as well! You were a prominent source of knowledge and guidance when I was so scared!!! You helped me out a lot and I will be cheering for you all the way to the end of Tim's golf course! Which I see you've changed for the season! How festive!  I wish you nothing but the best as you continue your journey after the holidays! ❤

Mary, thank you for all the support as well! You were a prominent source of knowledge and guidance when I was so scared!!! You helped me out a lot and I will be cheering for you all the way to the end of Tim's golf course! Which I see you've changed for the season! How festive!  I wish you nothing but the best as you continue your journey after the holidays! ❤

Thanks BLL, I will need those cheers and couldn't want a better person doing the cheering  :smitten: :smitten:

Thanks BLL, I will need those cheers and couldn't want a better person doing the cheering  :smitten: :smitten:

:smitten:

Congratulations BLL . What a journey you have made to the very top of your mountain,

The view must be wonderful.  . Well done for reaching freedom

I am so pleased for you

Congratulations BLL . What a journey you have made to the very top of your mountain,

The view must be wonderful.  . Well done for reaching freedom

I am so pleased for you

Jen,

I will wait right here at the top, cheering your last few steps!!! You are right here with me so soon!  A few more steps friend!❤

Congratulations to the greatest achivement, blacklablady!

You should be so proud of yourself for winning this most difficult battle!

How were you feeling during the taper and now off? Are you still on the other 2 meds listed in your signature?

Congratulations to the greatest achivement, blacklablady!

Thanks 4mom! I am still on Prozac and Trazedone.  I will continue to take them until I feel better.  I had a pretty rough taper, often times being stuck in bed all day or only being able to do 1 thing before exhaustion took over.  I had the usual, heart pain, palpitations, burning skin, tinnitus, g.i. issues, muscle tightness, feeling like I had (and still have) the flu, vertigo, hearing and visual sensitivities to name the most prominent.  The other major, major one and which I am still struggling with really badly is my memory, ability to process and understand.  Today is day 4 and I still feel pretty rough! Not gonna lie!  But, the fact that I am free is helping me get through these symptoms better than when I was tapering.  I am trying not to expect too much yet, but want to feel better so badly!  It is the waiting game.  Waiting to finish the taper, then waiting to feel more windows and one day healed.  I have times where I feel windows for sure.  But others where it is just the same as tapering.  But I am hopeful!!!!! I look forward to the good moments, more windows and the possibility of early healing.  Anything is possible so I'm trying not to analyze every small little pain or headache.  Just like before, I'm trying to just accept it as it is bc...well...there's nothing I can do but wait it out right?  How about you?  You were July.  How are you feeling?  I hope better 😘

• 1 month later...

Yes you have! What a wonderful feeling! Congratulations are in order. I'll be done in just a few more days (prob another week), so I feel you. Wish you health and happiness!

Rene.

Yes you have! What a wonderful feeling! Congratulations are in order. I'll be done in just a few more days (prob another week), so I feel you. Wish you health and happiness!

Rene.

Thank you so much Rene!! Cheering YOU on as you reach the top as well!!! You can do it!!!! Let us know when you are free!!!! ❤

Awesome!!! Congrats! It is truly such a great feeling to finally be free!  :smitten: Continued heeling!

Thank you Angelinny!  You are almost there too!!!! Keep up your fight Soon you will be free too!❤

• 3 weeks later...