Decaf coffee

[El...]

Decaf brings on a migraine. Regular coffee doesn't.

Diet anything with artificial sweetener brings on horrendous migraines.

Generally anything diet or processed is really bad for anyone - not just those in benzo wd.

Decaf made me feel bad. There’s still caffeine in decaf and some brands have more than others. The caffeine extraction process can involve chemicals - something worth looking up.

[62...]

Some decafs are better than others. The one I went with was called Mocha Java from Peet's Coffee. You gotta get it ground up in store. It's one of the few decaf brands where the caffeine is filtered out using water. So it's as organic as decaf gets. I only tried that out because I was drinking decaf for a few months and started getting headaches...that may very well have been because I was getting Starbucks and who knows what else is in those drinks.

I decided to make my own coffee, bought Peet's decaf because I had a sip of their regular at home which I thought was delicious. Unfortunately the pre-packaged grocery store decaf was so bad...especially in comparison to their regular.

The only other decaf flavors available had to be bought in the coffee shop. Once I was there and asked about their flavors, they explained the water filtering method and I thought it sounded cool. So yeah it depends. If you're sensitive/want organic try the mocha java...just make sure they grind it on the thicker side.

Anyone ever have any issues with organic decaf coffee?

Yes. I can drink half a cup at 7 am and be up all night. Decaf has caffeine in it, just a lot less. I’m very sensitive to it. Only things that say caffeine free are...

[62...]

You're right benzogirl. You never really know what the official caffeine content is in decaf. Sometimes if I'm desperate I'll have a few sips of this low caffeine ice tea. I think Golden Peak is like 20mg. Sometimes I can manage drinking that much caffeine but it depends on the day. But caffeine is I want to say 95% cut out of my diet cos I can't really predict when it'll cause anxiety.

If it's the caffeine you're sensitive to Eliza, you might want to see how you react to a small amount listed on a bottle (usually cold drinks) and if it causes symptoms you may have to cut it out.

Anyone ever have any issues with organic decaf coffee?

Hi ElizaDoolittle12,

In answer to your question, sometimes. I always have to drink decaf coffee, otherwise it revs me up too much. Just be cautious when taking any caffeine or chocolate. I have had muscle spasms in my arm from drinking too much caffeine. You could have one decaf coffee and be fine, but it is a real careful line that we have to toe.

I try to completely avoid both. I know it sucks, but we need to repair our CNS.

Dave.  8)