Corn

[78...]

[78...]
Has anyone had a bad reaction to eating corn? I ate a corn cob last night and about a half hour afterwards i got huge adrenaline surges that have lasted for hours, bp went sky high 260/144 and runs of Afib, managed to keep out of the hospital thank god. I read it's high in glutamate, anyone know anything?

I have been fine with corn, but seriously, I have heard people reacting strangely to so many different kinds of foods, who knows.  I would keep a list of the foods you react poorly to.  That sounds really scary for your BP and Afib.  Hope you are feeling better today. 

[78...]
Thanks Green, yeah i definitely need to keep a list, i had a similar reaction to prawns a few weeks ago but it passed off very quickly, at least my bp is down today, normally it's really low, i just feel totally wiped out today. Hopefully i won't get a repeat performance.

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone had a bad reaction to eating corn? I ate a corn cob last night and about a half hour afterwards i got huge adrenaline surges that have lasted for hours, bp went sky high 260/144 and runs of Afib, managed to keep out of the hospital thank god. I read it's high in glutamate, anyone know anything?

I am thinking I have a histamine intolerance. Corn is very high in histamine. I was thinking of PM you about this, because histamine intolerance  causes anxiety and panic attacks headaches, high bp or low bp etc.

It might be the culprit behind your adrenaline surges.

Worth checking out anyway.

I have avoided corn for years, but now I can no longer tolerate green beans and sauteed onions. Two of my favorite foods.

[78...]
Thanks for that information Eliza, i didn't know that corn is high in histamine, i will look into it further. It's strange how we become sensitive to foods we used to be ok with, especially if it's with favourite foods, thankfully im still ok with chocolate! Hope you're doing ok atm.

Thanks for that information Eliza, i didn't know that corn is high in histamine, i will look into it further. It's strange how we become sensitive to foods we used to be ok with, especially if it's with favourite foods, thankfully im still ok with chocolate! Hope you're doing ok atm.

This past month, my headaches, bp spikes and anxiety, adrenaline surges have gotten so intense that I had to look at what I am eating. Christmas day was awful for me. I woke up with high bp and horrible adrenal iij ne surge after it settled down, after taking extra bp med. I felt horrible in my head the whole day. I felt that way years ago when I had the glutamate sensitivity coming on me and I didn't know what was happening at first. I saw that you also had a reaction to prawns. All shellfish and fish on general is very high histamine. I am hoping I dont have to give up my organics decaf coffee or my enjoy life brand chocolate  chips. That's the only kind of chocolate I have been able to eat for years now.

[cd...]

Agreed - a food log (and supplements log if you take them) is a good idea.  I didn't have many bad reactions to food, but there were a few times.  Knowing what I'd eaten helped me to choose more wisely in the future.  There are also times, I imagine, when I felt like some food had done something bad to me, when it was just my nerves erupting due to withdrawal.

fwiw - during my withdrawal, I once ate a bunch of cashews and developed a nasty rash soon afterwards.  I had eaten cashews before (and since) with no issues.  I also temporarily developed a sensitivity to an artificial sweetener that I'd also used previously (and since).  Withdrawal is weird.  So difficult to make generalizations.  Different for each person.