Was sleeping better....now I'm not

[Ru...]

The past month...I have been able to sleep somewhat and even take a nap during the day....and even felt sleepy.....it seems like someone turned a switch on.....and now I feel like I am going backwards......I feel wired all the time now....and I am back to sleeping about 4 hours.....(up at 3:00 a.m. or earlier)  ……..usually fall back by 5:00a .m.    but it doesn't feel like deep sleep like I was getting last month...I felt refreshed and could function every day....NOw it seems worse than ever...I feel horrible the next day of course.....    I feel like there is an alien in me......do I have some kind of disease …….is there something wrong with me?      Or ,,,,,is this kinda normal.....does this beast go in waves like this.  I even started running again when I was getting good sleep....not now....I can barely do a 3 mile walk....I feel dreadful. 

With me its all or nothing. Either I get some sleep or I get nothing and I stare at the ceiling all night. The last week has been a blessing because I have been able to get three nights of sleep. I also get wired. The last month I have been really wired. I never used to get up at night. I always tried to stay in bed and at least rest but this month I have been up just going out of my mind with being wired.

I hope your sleep returns and you can get some rest.

• 4 weeks later...

The past month...I have been able to sleep somewhat and even take a nap during the day....and even felt sleepy.....it seems like someone turned a switch on.....and now I feel like I am going backwards......I feel wired all the time now....and I am back to sleeping about 4 hours.....(up at 3:00 a.m. or earlier)  ……..usually fall back by 5:00a .m.    but it doesn't feel like deep sleep like I was getting last month...I felt refreshed and could function every day....NOw it seems worse than ever...I feel horrible the next day of course.....    I feel like there is an alien in me......do I have some kind of disease …….is there something wrong with me?      Or ,,,,,is this kinda normal.....does this beast go in waves like this.  I even started running again when I was getting good sleep....not now....I can barely do a 3 mile walk....I feel dreadful.

Runnergirl,  Sorry this is happening, but based on my personal experience and that of others, this is "normal"  I am 41 months off.  The last few months I have been sleeping like a rock...sometimes 10 hours per night with only a few waking periods to use the restroom.  Last night, I felt completely wired and only got about 2 hours.  I haven't had a night like that in months, but they do come and go.  I had a pretty major insomnia wave at 18 months off with 4 zero nights and another minor one at 30 months off with a zero night followed by a 1 hour night and an occasional blip here and there (2-4 hour night) about once every 2 months or so.  4 hours isn't that bad?  I wish I could have gotten that last night! :)  But it WILL even out.  If you had a good sleep the past month, you WILL have it again...I promise.  It will all even out but probably not as fast you would like it too.  The "waves" of sleeping and not sleeping are how it plays out for lots of folks.  I know I thought my sleep was back to normal when I wrote my success story and I was getting 5 or 6 hours most nights but it has continually (albeit very slowly) improved as time has passed.  It the past 3-4 months I had at least 10 nights where I got 9 or 10 hours and I don't take anything for sleep (obviously I wouldn't take any type of Rx drug) not even anything natural.  Hang in there.  Maybe things already even out as I am about 3 weeks behind your original post?