Fatigue

[De...]

Hi,

Does anyone find they could sleep 24 hours a day. When i read i fall aleep. I wake up wondering what happened. It this toxic feeling.in your head and you could fall asleep in 2 sec. I dont eventhink i can read l9ng posts I will fall asleep and its to hard. Any thougjts? Thank you

I've had some stretches of this during my taper. I was sleeping 12 hours at night and then 2-4 hours more in the afternoon. It felt like all I was doing was eating and sleeping.

Hi,

Does anyone find they could sleep 24 hours a day. When i read i fall aleep. I wake up wondering what happened. It this toxic feeling.in your head and you could fall asleep in 2 sec. I dont eventhink i can read l9ng posts I will fall asleep and its to hard. Any thougjts? Thank you

Im probs not quite as bad as that, -more like Mr Swan...  I do sleep less than the early days, but my “day” is at night... The trouble is the physical fatigue which is really a problem... Not to mention the inability to start any task or activity.. I suspect it more the opiate aspect for me, but thats always splitting hairs for me too...

Its only the few windows and better times within my tapering that have kept me sane... Its easy to think its all situational, -the physical aspects of many yrs of bed and lounge, but its well beyond that, and I bounce back in an instant with a window or small dose correction/updose...

Im very lucky (imo) to be able to roll with it and accept the rest as much needed healing time without too much life pressure, though obviously it has had its costs... Much to my dismay, my day sleeps became rather toxic this year, so im back to about 6hrs early AM, and a mandatory 1hr (toxic) late arvo..

So I guess I qualify as mild insomnia now, with a few of the traits that go with it... Being super light sensitive does not go well with being nocturnal and resting well, -even with blockout curtains and a light mask...

hmmm... -perhaps I should resign myself to being a vampire, and order a comfortable luxury coffin early (in a non morbid way)..

Sorry to go on, I just woke late arvo and this was on my mind... -and now I am going to force myself to do a job that I have tried to get done for 2months.. -If I succeed and dont give up, your thread gets bonus points from me..!!

:)

Oh -by toxic, I dont mean the “glug” or poisoned/hangover/dying feeling I suspect you meant, -I was referring to the anxiety/panic/doom n gloom/dread feeling that comes with shaking/vibrating and all the anxiety wake up stuff which is probs cortisol and adrenaline type stuff... I first got the anxiety (ever) at very low dose/jump time (valium)..

“If the body demands sleep... -who are we to argue..!!??”

I understand what you mean about "toxic", Fly.  "Anxiety/doom/gloom/dread"/bursts of terror, too.  Jolted to attention.  Toxic shock. 

Hope you got your task complete.  I would like the bonus points.  :)

It's great to complete a task and feel an accomplishment.  For so long now, any and all tasks were a chore.  Exhausting.  Done only because the need was absolute. Never rewarding.  Something has changed at this 9th month. 

Over the last couple of days have had a return of energy, strength, focus, determination.  Worked diligently in my little garden.  Social housing, but at least it's not a cardboard box.  Not feeling  completely zapped, drained, couchbound as a result.  Keen to get stuck back into it tomorrow.  WTF!  This is unheard of.  Fatigue for me, has been debilitating.  Likewise DP/DR. 

If I couldn't complete the task because of the utter fatigue, I was prevented out my inability to act on the job.  Almost a wall between me and the task.  Invisible barrier.  Blocked.  Horrible, frustrating.  I seem now, more able to engage in the task.  Hope it continues.

I did have a period where I thought I'd been bitten by the Tste (sp) Fly Dehytq.  Thought I'd contracted Sleeping Sickness.  It was extreme.  But then remembered we don't have Tste Flies here.  ;D.  It was quite worrying really, because seemed I was sleeping ALL of the time.  Seemed 24/7.  Conned myself into believing I must need it.  It worked.  And I probably DID need it.

My sleep is beginning to stabilise, normalise, and these long sleeps no longer occur.  I manage about 6 solid hours sleep a night.  And that's good by me.  Light sensitivity is improving. 

I was "losing my religion" there for a while, but faith has returned.  Hope exists. 

I look forward. 

Dee

:smitten:

I understand what you mean about "toxic", Fly.  "Anxiety/doom/gloom/dread"/bursts of terror, too.  Jolted to attention.  Toxic shock. 

Hope you got your task complete.  I would like the bonus points.  :)

It's great to complete a task and feel an accomplishment.  For so long now, any and all tasks were a chore.  Exhausting.  Done only because the need was absolute. Never rewarding.  Something has changed at this 9th month. 

Over the last couple of days have had a return of energy, strength, focus, determination.  Worked diligently in my little garden.  Social housing, but at least it's not a cardboard box.  Not feeling  completely zapped, drained, couchbound as a result.  Keen to get stuck back into it tomorrow.  WTF!  This is unheard of.  Fatigue for me, has been debilitating.  Likewise DP/DR. 

If I couldn't complete the task because of the utter fatigue, I was prevented out my inability to act on the job.  Almost a wall between me and the task.  Invisible barrier.  Blocked.  Horrible, frustrating.  I seem now, more able to engage in the task.  Hope it continues.

I did have a period where I thought I'd been bitten by the Tste (sp) Fly Dehytq.  Thought I'd contracted Sleeping Sickness.  It was extreme.  But then remembered we don't have Tste Flies here.  ;D.  It was quite worrying really, because seemed I was sleeping ALL of the time.  Seemed 24/7.  Conned myself into believing I must need it.  It worked.  And I probably DID need it.

My sleep is beginning to stabilise, normalise, and these long sleeps no longer occur.  I manage about 6 solid hours sleep a night.  And that's good by me.  Light sensitivity is improving. 

I was "losing my religion" there for a while, but faith has returned.  Hope exists. 

I look forward. 

Dee

:smitten:

Dear Dee, :)

That is so good to read..!! Wow..!! (im not going to be the one to jinx ya.. lol)

Seriously, you earnt it fair n square..!!

Im servicing the irrigation pump thats been sitting a couple of yrs.. God wont make it rain, so I have to.. :(

Trouble is the ants built a nest in the carbie, so thats a spanner in the works.. :( 

Half points... -Ill have to owe you guys some...

I seem to have cracked that wall you mention too... -fingers crossed..  Though I was pushing my cuts a bit hard..

Thanks you guys. So fatigued forgot this post. Lol. Boy do I undetstand tocix. Omg. Those naps make me sick. I like to read at night but out like a light. Glad you were able to get some things done cant. I know its hard. I folded laundry and made the bed.  Pathetic!! Lol. This is a crazy life we have. Hope you are dong ok.

Dee! That is amazing. You are able to focus and do things again. Even if it may be a day or too, it is coming back!!! I feel like I have bern bit by the fly too. This is a long ass hard road. I think ill yry to make it to the kitchen to get something to drink.  :smitten:

Black out curtains and light mask..you are funny. My eyes get sensitive too along with massive allergies. I think the allergies are worse in this. I have them everyday. Feel like you have dirt stuck too your eyeballs. I guess we all probably need the extra test. This shit is draining for sure. Lol  :smitten:

You make your bed..!!?? You saddist you..!! :)

Yes, so many yrs of that one or two tiny tasks per day... There is a thread floating around to celebrate these things, “name one productive thing you did today” or something like that.. So many days I struggled to find something to add to it..

For me, its a bit more the actual initiation, rather than physical ability.. No reward for effort chemistry... But its kinda splitting hairs.. Its what I call a “deep” symptom, and is slow in its fluctuations, months/yrs... It started with the opiates, but who knows, cos there were earlier benzo periods in hospital too..??

The light thing is way worse when trying to sleep.. It started with me having to tape every tiny led light in my bedroom...!!

Thanks, these better days continue... A huge change really.. -day 5 or 6 now..  Dont wanna jinx it.. :)

As slippery as an eel that it might be, -hang on to hope..