Baby shower

[Li...]

Today it'll be our baby shower. Expecting a sum of 50 guests. Perhaps more because +1. Driving around and organizing the event has not been easy, in this condition. My brain does a lot of Malfunctioning in the mornings throughout the day so I make a lot of mistakes. It's embarrassing and some are noticing but they attribute it to stress. I hope that's all they think & not that I'm  :idiot:

I'm not sure how I feel. I'm not happy or excited, I'm slightly anxious and worried about my symptoms. Dr&Dp, confusion, glitches, short term memory, hard time remembering words and grammar, distorted speech. I'll have to socialize with many today and I don't people to think Iv deteriorated to a state of retardation. Pardon me if anyone has a disabled child. Thanks for letting me vent.

Liberty 30 🖖🏻

Hi liberty. Congratulations for your new paternity. Yes, it sounds pretty tough to be around people. When I forget what I was talking about due to bwd, I say "well never mind" and then I ask the person something about himself or herself. Like "well I forgot what I was saying, never mind, how is your mother doing?" (mother, kid, how are things with your boyfriend, how are things with your boss). We all like to talk about ourselves so this has helped me in a few situations. Still, 50 people are a lot of people so maybe escape to the bathroom or somewhere you can't be found, five minutes every forty minutes, to take deep breaths and ground yourself. Then what helps me is this affirmation I copied from someone here on BBs : I'm perfectly OK. This is just bwd. I feel like I'm not in control but I am in control. I hope you have a great day. Often the anticipation is worse than the event itself.