Depression?

[At...]

I’m not sure if Valium is making me depressed? I’m taking 2mg right now, soon to be 2.5mg where I’ll hold. My question is how do you know if it’s making you depressed? I’ve never had depression. Did you get depression with Valium? If so when did it start to lift? Will it get better as my body gets more used to it as it’s only been 5 days I’ve been on it? What dose did the depression lift for you if you got depression from Valium? Thanks guys.

I have had bout of what would probably be classified as clinical depression as a side effect of w/d but not when i was on a stable dose.  I wasn't exactly happy either when on the stable dose as i def didn't have a zest for life.  Depression is a pretty broad term, how bad is it?

Yes, I was very depressed BECAUSE of the benzos.

They were given to me because of anxiety. When I took them, I kept wondering why I was getting worse instead of better.

Now I know...

Hang in there!

Cheers from Switzerland,

Satasha

I’m not sure if Valium is making me depressed? I’m taking 2mg right now, soon to be 2.5mg where I’ll hold. My question is how do you know if it’s making you depressed? I’ve never had depression. Did you get depression with Valium? If so when did it start to lift? Will it get better as my body gets more used to it as it’s only been 5 days I’ve been on it? What dose did the depression lift for you if you got depression from Valium? Thanks guys.

You'll know if it makes you depressed, as depression caused by valium can get pretty severe -- diazepam interferes with serotonin metabolism.

It doesn't do this for everyone. But in the cases where it does cause depression, you'd want to taper off as soon as possible, as the depression usually doesn't lift while you're on it. I hope you get some relief soon.