15 months, optimistic 😁

[Ca...]

So it's been over a year now, windows getting bigger and longer, waves receding.  I believe we can take a lot of comfort from sharing our experiences but at the end of the day only personal growth and positive action can really help. 

Resentment and bitterness don't help, therapy and mindfulness do. Activity is fundamental, and not online - I have had to go outside my comfort zone (by joining a creative writing group).  It doesn't matter what the activity is, the good thing is to feel part of a group, do homework, make a contribution to your society etc.

The "I'm broken and it's not fair" approach is never going to work.  There comes a time when we must "get over ourselves" and move on. It isn't easy and there will be consequences both negative and positive, but it's either  grow or stagnate, IMO.

Good luck all - we only live once!

While I’m very pleased to hear of your success. It’s always good to know someone has come through this.  I find this story rather self-righteous and quite critical of people who are, or might be much worse than you, no windows etc, and definitely through no fault of their own, which this hints at. I would definitely not assume it has been anything other than very difficult though.  I’m protracted as are other poor souls and some people, not just protracted, get hit so hard, they do feel “broken” cannot exercise, or could and now cannot, because we actually don’t have control over this injury as you wrongly say.  it’s not because they “stagnate”; this is quite insulting. I work,  out of necessity,  as do others, in utter agony (many cannot and lose everything), I’m not stagnating, but suffering as I haven’t healed yet. So activity is not fundamental at all, some people are bedridden (I’m not), I have empathy for them though, it’s not their fault, but they’ll still heal, that's all they need to know, not that they are full of self pity, and what if they are? it's not their choice. I pretend mostly all day and I'm still sick as hell. I go home and cry, so what!. However reassurance is fundamental, and there’s none here, just pontification.  I came here as I read success stories, and there are some great ones, but this angered me, revved my symptoms, which is a shame.  I could never preach to someone going through this, once recovered in this manner. You have no idea what other people are dealing with. Also therapy is not recommended unless the therapist is benzo wise, for obvious reasons, as this is not a psychological problem, it’s a chemical injury. Some people might have psychological problems regardless of this, but that is entirely separate. I’m sorry I had to write this, but it’s the reality of how it made me feel, and I feel bad enough, doing the best I can right now. I don't need to "get over myself" thanks. I'm not well, but it's not my fault either.

I couldn't agree with this more!  :) The victim mentality only keeps you sick. You eventually have to accept your situation and learn how to live with it, believe that you are healing (because you are unless you're still taking meds) and accept that it will take time, then get on with living your life again once you are ready. Many come on here to just vent over and over again about their misery, not even realizing it's only entrenching them further into feeling that way and reaffirming that reality.

It's a shame, but what can you do!  :idiot:

Congrats and happy further healing!

na-  :angel:

Congratulations and I agree! I am going to push myself to drive on the highway. :thumbsup:

PG

Looking forward to the day you come on here and tell everyone about your cross-country roadtrip!  ;)

While I’m very pleased to hear of your success. It’s always good to know someone has come through this.  I find this story rather self-righteous and quite critical of people who are, or might be much worse than you, no windows etc, and definitely through no fault of their own, which this hints at. I would definitely not assume it has been anything other than very difficult though.  I’m protracted as are other poor souls and some people, not just protracted, get hit so hard, they do feel “broken” cannot exercise, or could and now cannot, because we actually don’t have control over this injury as you wrongly say.  it’s not because they “stagnate”; this is quite insulting. I work,  out of necessity,  as do others, in utter agony (many cannot and lose everything), I’m not stagnating, but suffering as I haven’t healed yet. So activity is not fundamental at all, some people are bedridden (I’m not), I have empathy for them though, it’s not their fault, but they’ll still heal, that's all they need to know, not that they are full of self pity, and what if they are? it's not their choice. I pretend mostly all day and I'm still sick as hell. I go home and cry, so what!. However reassurance is fundamental, and there’s none here, just pontification.  I came here as I read success stories, and there are some great ones, but this angered me, revved my symptoms, which is a shame.  I could never preach to someone going through this, once recovered in this manner. You have no idea what other people are dealing with. Also therapy is not recommended unless the therapist is benzo wise, for obvious reasons, as this is not a psychological problem, it’s a chemical injury. Some people might have psychological problems regardless of this, but that is entirely separate. I’m sorry I had to write this, but it’s the reality of how it made me feel, and I feel bad enough, doing the best I can right now. I don't need to "get over myself" thanks. I'm not well, but it's not my fault either.

100% on point.

good luck "getting over ourselves" with akathisia raging. This just proves that many who don't have as difficult a withdrawal experience have no clue how bad some people really have it and have to suffer for extended periods of time.

I live a pretty active life and am involved in many things like working a job, going out and doing things with my family, and exercising. I still feel horrible. I wish it was easy to just snap out of it.

100% on point.

good luck "getting over ourselves" with akathisia raging. This just proves that many who don't have as difficult a withdrawal experience have no clue how bad some people really have it and have to suffer for extended periods of time.

Absolutely agree!

100% on point.

Absolutely agree!

:thumbsup:

100% on point.

I agree. I never imagined I would still be going through this almost 6 years. Yes, it happens. Those people who are healed earlier, I would like to be you in any way I could. Long-term protracted symptoms are very difficult to get over, and it gets more difficult as time goes on simply because life keeps piling the stress on.

I'm very happy for those who heal quickly, but it's not as easy as 1-2-3. There are many variables involved. Just be so glad you that you have healed quickly, leave it at that, and move on.

So it's been over a year now, windows getting bigger and longer, waves receding.  I believe we can take a lot of comfort from sharing our experiences but at the end of the day only personal growth and positive action can really help. 

Resentment and bitterness don't help, therapy and mindfulness do. Activity is fundamental, and not online - I have had to go outside my comfort zone (by joining a creative writing group).  It doesn't matter what the activity is, the good thing is to feel part of a group, do homework, make a contribution to your society etc.

The "I'm broken and it's not fair" approach is never going to work.  There comes a time when we must "get over ourselves" and move on. It isn't easy and there will be consequences both negative and positive, but it's either  grow or stagnate, IMO.

Good luck all - we only live once!

Captain Fantastic,

I don't feel offended by '' your wise words ''...however my experience made me stop judging other people's journey...my approach was similar to yours  but I learned the hard way.

15 months is worth a celebration. :thumbsup:...please keep us updated on your progress and don't disappear.  :)