I rapid detox in Feb 2019...and,

[Ca...]

I am alone ....and, i CT in feb.  who else has CT and reinstated?  i did reinstate.  my cognitive function is the problem. :(    i am now tapering, but, it's quite hard.  i am so sorry i did Rehab.  can someone, kindly tell me if the brain cog gets better ?  i mean, mine was in Feb, and i still feel out of sorts in my brain.  things that used to be easy are now hard to do. :(    i am trying to taperr in this condition.  is anyone else like me ??  please respond. does it get better?  9 months now, still that same.

• 1 month later...

it's been 9 months already,  when will i feel more organized, please??

A little bit longer obviously. Took me a couple years to not feel so out of sorts

Cathy,

Okay, you reinstated after going CT last February. You are well within the normal time frame for any sort of benzo wd. It has been estimated by many that the average benzo wd lasts anywhere from one year to 2. And there are always people who heal much slower, like I did.

Cog fog is simply a normal withdrawal problem. It will clear up once you start to really heal. Someone here asked me today to explain HOW we heal. Good question. Here is how I see it:

Benzos do their work on your brain. Specifically, your Fear Center. The amygdala is a tiny walnut sized part of your brain, and it produces anxiety, fear, dread, etc. The famous "Fight or Flight" response occurs in it, sending out signals and messages that tell you that you either need to run like hell or stand up and fight back. When you take benzos, those messages get "damped down". This is why you feel less anxious when you take benzos, or are able to sleep more easily. Your amygdala has been partly shut down....by benzos.

The drug companies tell all doctors patients should not take benzos longer than maybe a month, max. Why? Because if one stays on them loner it will being to REALLY disrupt your amygdala. I am putting this in the simplest terms I can. The longer you stay on benzos, the more you are at risk for various side effects, plus may have a rough withdrawal. Over time benzos can cause incredible damage to you, and not just your brain. I took them for thirty years. In the last maybe15 years, I began to suffer a large number of odd symptoms. Balance problems, cog fog, difficulty concentrating, etc etc. Worst of all I started falling. A LOT. And began to break bones in those falls. My doctors never once considered my benzos as the cause. I was diagnosed with all sorts of stuff. Fibromyalgia, maybe MS, maybe Parkinsopns, etc etc.

Once I got off the benzos AND the SSRIs and healed, slowly, slowly...all my old weird symptoms disappeared. Amazing, huh? And so frightening that American doctors did not have a CLUE that benzos and possibly ZSRIs can do this to someone. I am living proof  it sure can.

east