All connective tissue disintegrating?

[Aj...]

All my connective tissue is disintegrating.

Feels like all cartilage etc is dissapearing.

Jaw joint has collapsed

It is all the areas that went rigid and pulled together so tight was pulling g joints out that collapsed when last reinstated and now as dose wears off feels like bones are being ground into each other from top of neck and through whole body.

Connectove tissue cannot regenerate.

I am so scared,

I think WD has made my hypermobility stuff 100 times worse and destroyed not only muscle but connective tissue.

All muscles feel like,e they have changed consistency and are now like fibrotic scar tissue..

Ajusta,

Thats what happened to all my joints too, especially wrists, knees, ankles, backs and hips. They are swollen and changed how my arms and legs look.

This started on the first few days starting valium and continued over tapering and post jumping

Are you still on any of the meds now? When did it start for you?

Didn’t have it on diazepam. Had some hypermobility problems but was very bendy before ever took Benzos - all classic EDS stuff but not to point of all joints collapsing and going rigid etc.

Mine are not swollen.

This only started after started second taper from diazepam because the dystonia and tightness was so bad had tried to reinstate.

Jaw joint has literally dislocated but it should be agony and isn’t and not sure if that is because a whole layer of my nervous system has ‘gone offline’ as when first got off surgery site was excruciating and know it is bad now but can’t feel it properly. That happened after took a cocodomol in first WD and felt a wave of numbness sweep through body and sensation has never come back on. That is when lost all internal visceral sensation etc as well

Retapering Clonazepam atm.

The joints collapsing especially the broken back feeling was with me all time during the time on valium, but confused by my back injury. I started feeling stronger around all joints especially back after getting off. I feel valium just over relaxed all my muscles so much was not able to lift a cup.

Very heartbroken for the unbelievable damage this drug did to me.

I hope the joints and muscle will recover over time once the nerve calms down

The extreme weakness for me started when muscles went rigid in WD.

Joints are being crushed, bones crushed together because muscles so contracted,

Jaw literally dislocated now.

If it eases off I know muscle can be built up again but feels like all my connective tissue has disintegrated and that cannot come back,

4 mom, so you kept cutting through the pain and do you think you have improved since your jump in July and how much have you improved? Healing wishes for both of you.

Hi valiumnomore,

Yes i felt no other way but toughing out as valium made me so sick since day 1 on it.

The joint freezing/lock and muscle rigidity, pain continued somewhat got stronger since jumping in the first few weeks then got better. Round month 3 i had a huge setback to cooking wine which ramped up all the old and new sx especially the muscle related. Im still recovering from that now 40 days away from the cooking wine incident.

The steady improvement is the muscle stregnth. My muscle was totally paralyzed on valium, legs dont know how to walk, hands cant hold a fork.

Also i started a very restricted diet since month 2, no gluten, low glutamate, no sugar or  processed food, no meat (just recently) as i had severe reaction to all of those. I believe the new diet is making a huge difference. Will see if more steady healing will come soon.

Do you still feel like all spinal joints are being crushed into each other 4Mom?

I hope things start to improve for you really soon.

Xxx

Hi ajusta,

Yes i still have it sometimes very bad others better. Most days the worst is after getting out bed gradually lesson up in 1 or 2 hours, varies during day time but always better in late evening.

It moves around other places shoulders, neck, and hips, but always there on back. 

When its at its lowest stregnth,  i can tell my back healed quite a bit from the injury.

This is the most insane sx i never thought possible from a drug. Im not good to describe but everything you described is what exactly i feel.

How are you holding? 

Thanks!

Mine never makes vets around. Just all over in all laces had it and was put on Benzos for and some extra.

It feels like all my muscles have turned to hard fibrotic rubber and lumps of gristle where attaches to bones.

Is your jaw joint like hard painful tight gristle? Same with al, other joints.