Author Topic: Discussion: Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?  (Read 31387 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Discussion: Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2016, 03:24:18 am »
You're sweet, my friend. If I get there first, I'll be right on the other side holding be door *wide* open for you. And I have all the faith in the world you're right around he corner.

:smitten: :thumbsup:
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2016, 03:28:29 am »
Am I crazy, or is this a freaking awesome piece of writing?   ;D

I love this.  Can I copy it and save it in my notes?  If not, I can [...] bookmark it to refer it to people who are asking timeline questions.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2016, 03:29:12 am »
 [...],Not sure where you get all your good info,but i sure appreciate it!Nice to have something to measure yourself and healing.[...] :)

[Buddie]

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2016, 03:39:34 am »
Job300,

I have constant fears about "When will this be over?" and "Maybe this is the new me," and "I can't do this for 3 more years," and "Am I close to the end?" etc. etc. etc.  I am the Grand Ruminator.

For me, this journey is so tortuous because nobody can tell us when it will end.  We then, automatically, go to the worst case scenario:  MAYBE IT WILL NEVER END

It's simply not true.  We all heal.  Different timelines, different patterns, different symptoms, same prognosis:  It is temporary.  It all goes away for everybody.  We don't know when because everybody is unique.  We heal when we heal.

We are not in the driver's seat on this trip.  We are passengers.  Our brain and CNS are the driver and the navigator.  We need to help them along by staying calm and employing coping skills, so they don't get all wonky with panic and can't concentrate on getting us to our destination.  We need to [...] look outside the car window and see the sights.  That's all.  [...] chill.

Easier said than done, believe me, I KNOW...with this anxiety screaming in my ears!  But we have to get up every Groundhog Day and do it again and again until it's done.

[...]

« Last Edit: April 30, 2016, 04:43:38 am by [Buddie] »

[Buddie]

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2016, 03:43:16 am »
Aw, [...], you are the BEST.  I love you, my friend.

You can copy it, wrap [...] in it, light fire to it, it's yours.  I hope it gives one person hope.  That would make me happy.

Love, [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2016, 03:51:57 am »
You can copy it, wrap [...] in it, light fire to it, it's yours.  I hope it gives one person hope.  That would make me happy.

I love your sense of humor!!!  :laugh: yours and [...]' has brought many smiles to my face! I've shared it under my "5 months ..." [...] free celebration post!!

[Buddie]

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2016, 04:02:15 am »
Awesome, [...].  I hope people can see their journey fit into some pattern that at least gives them peace of mind that this healing is not as chaotic and erratic as it seems.  I've always hated the assumption that our brains are going haywire.  I'd rather believe they know exactly what they are doing.  They are healing us.

Love, [...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2016, 04:17:12 am »
 :thumbsup: :thumbsup: [...]...

Perfectly written and explained!   

Love you!

P.S.   [...]...  Think about making this "permanent" on the forum.  This is truly needed for one and all....  Hugs to you!   

[Buddie]

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2016, 06:39:05 am »
LOVE THIS!  :smitten:

Although I feel like I somewhat fit between 2 and 3 and I was a cold turkey.

I haven't had a "wave" per say for about 5 weeks where I was incapacitated for a few days. Over the last 2 1/2 weeks, I've felt like my days are 75-85% windows the whole day with situational waves. Like going to school for 3 hours and feeling intense anxiety and panic. (not pre-existing but like 1/2 of acute level). Grocery stores, errands, all things can kick this up but it's in the moment and not the next day. So I can't call an entire day a wave because it doesn't last the entire day. Momentary waves, mostly windows but not 100%.

Then I have those symptoms that are lessening in intensity but still here, they [...] don't bother me as much as they did. Vision problems mainly. Intrusive and negative thoughts come here and there, also less intense.

Then are the auxillary ones- health anxiety and strange food phobias.

I try to stay distracted and thinking positive all day and do my best to keep the CNS calm when I can feel it start to freak out.

[Buddie]

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2016, 06:41:24 am »
This timeline is so informative and so so true . !!! I would also like to copy and paste it. Thank you so much !!!!!!! [...], about how long was your phase 2.? Thank you so much for your post . I also wanted to ask, could you possibly reveal the name of your friend who accompanied so many people of their journeys ? I would love to get in contact with you ;) may I also ask, please, are you , or anyone else out there scared that the acute will hit them again? I read one [...] on here who got hit with acute 8 months out?...or is this very unusual ? It would be so helpful if you could perhaps ask your friend...[...] ??? Please ???? Or I am. Worrying too much??? Once again thank you sov ery much for this post and the help. Means this world !!!!!!! :) :) :)