Author Topic: Discussion: Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?  (Read 31477 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Discussion: Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?
« Reply #1700 on: May 18, 2022, 02:06:44 pm »
Acute phase. for 3 weeks now almost. this shit hard as f
Hang in there! Acute will be over soon. We know how you feel. Weíve been there and lived to tell the tale. You will too! Congrats on being off! Well done.
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1701 on: May 18, 2022, 05:06:39 pm »
Looking at this thread I don't fit into any of these categories or I fit into all of them. I don't know if I heal differently but this seems more like linear healing. I've had some things completely heal up and go away for good. But right now I'm suffering horribly with the remaining symptoms that have magnified and some old ones that have come back that were gone for over a year. Wish I could figure out where I fit in. One thing this might not account for is the getting worse before you get better theory. Because it can make you feel like you're back in acute, and suffering tremendously I'm [...] much at my Wit's End right now.. Hugs to everyone!

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #1702 on: May 19, 2022, 12:43:59 am »
Looking at this thread I don't fit into any of these categories or I fit into all of them. I don't know if I heal differently but this seems more like linear healing. I've had some things completely heal up and go away for good. But right now I'm suffering horribly with the remaining symptoms that have magnified and some old ones that have come back that were gone for over a year. Wish I could figure out where I fit in. One thing this might not account for is the getting worse before you get better theory. Because it can make you feel like you're back in acute, and suffering tremendously I'm [...] much at my Wit's End right now.. Hugs to everyone!

[...]

I quit cold turkey too and this post wasn't around when I first joined the forum in 2007 but I've read it since I came back and didn't feel like I fit it either. 

[Buddie]

« Reply #1703 on: May 19, 2022, 02:03:38 am »
[...],

Thank you so much for your reply it doesn't make me feel like such an odd person out. Hugs!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #1704 on: May 19, 2022, 07:50:25 am »
I donít fit either, Not like acute but not really got past phase 1, Had 1 window in 39 months now feel worse after it. Plenty of waves but no relief in between. Was made to CT against my will, such caring medics here!

[Buddie]

« Reply #1705 on: May 30, 2022, 08:08:08 pm »
I wouldn't know if these phases are relevant to me because I've had ME/CFS most of my adult life and it shares many of the symptoms of [...] damage.  I don't expect to ever recover from it, unless they find a cause and cure.    My illness predates my former xanax use by more than a decade, but then I also acquired a number of conditions after starting xanax.  eg; idopathic poynneuropathy, chronic tinnitus, POTS.  If those conditions ever resolve, or even improve,  I might be able to attribute them to [...] damage and put myself into one of these phases.     

One thing that has definitely improved is my memory and cognition and that began about mid way through my taper.   I guess I'll have to wait a year and look back to see if anything changed.   

[Buddie]

« Reply #1706 on: May 31, 2022, 12:52:19 pm »
I feel like Iím in two at one time. Like theyíre overlapping. Phase 2 and 3 combinedÖ.weird. Sometimes I feel like Iím in one or the other depending on the week. Itís hard to pinpoint. According to the descriptions Iím definitely STILL in phase 2 and Iím 23 months and 1 1/2 weeks offÖÖ
 :-\ ??? :o

[Buddie]

« Reply #1707 on: May 31, 2022, 02:02:25 pm »
Today I feel like I'm on the border of two and three.   
I'm definitely not suffering All The Time.  But close.  What is happening lately, is that I'll read someone's post, and I'll think, "hey!  I haven't had that (much) for awhile".   Dizziness comes to mind.

This last week or so, I've had 3 or 4 experiences where I realize I'm fully present.  It's so beautiful.   It's almost exquisite.   

It's as if the holy host of terrors (my symptoms), are quietly leaving the room.
I still have a long way to go.  But I've seen the light on the horizon.