Author Topic: Discussion: Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?  (Read 31261 times)

[Buddie]

Re: Discussion: Four Phases of Withdrawal-Where Are You?
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2016, 02:19:35 am »
This is very accurate to my progression.  I've never seen anything describing it so well.  My acute wasn't a big jump in symptoms for me. I was in tolerance withdrawal for years
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2016, 02:29:18 am »
[...],

Yay!  We're getting there.  I still feel like poop on a stick, but not having the huge waves as long as I'm careful.  Wish this head whooshing would stop.  And the drugged feeling.  And the cortisol mornings.  And. And. And.

[...]
Suggestions, opinions and/or advice provided by the author of this post should not be regarded as medical advice; nor should it substitute for professional medical care. Consult your doctor before making any changes to your medication. Please read our Community Policy Documents board for further information.

[Buddie]

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2016, 02:41:30 am »
I think i am going from 2 to 3.
I was wondering if there is also a pattern to sx that come in different phases or leave like what are the sx that most commonly leave earlier vs ones that stick around?? There might be stats or scientific info on this? Im tired of feeling tight and bound up although its off and on. And same for sleep.

[Buddie]

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 02:51:56 am »
Phase 2 here. Hating it, and wishing there was a timeline. That way I could tell myself, "[...] x more months and it will improve." It's  like when I used to run the 800m for the track team. It was a dead sprint for two laps, pure misery into that second 400 - but the finish line was always in view. I think that's what slays me about this process. Six months in and no finish line in sight. Anyway, great post [...]. Thanks!

[Buddie]

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2016, 02:52:25 am »
[...],

I've read all your posts since the beginning and your tapering was challenging, but your transition to acute wasn't like driving head on into a brick wall at 100 mph.  It struck me that some people who taper might have a softer landing into acute.  I really do believe that we all catch up to each other, no matter how we came off the drugs.  I couldn't taper because I only took Ativan for 2.5 months sporadically, going days without taking any, even a couple weeks without.  It wouldn't make sense to start taking it regularly and then taper off.  Oh well, I did what I did 18 months ago.  Forward is the only direction we go, right?

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2016, 03:00:01 am »
[...],

I have this feeling that the "core" symptoms we get when we first jump, the ones that hammer us all the time, either up front every day (my case) or are always simmering in the background, no matter what new stuff we are dealing with, are going to be the last ones to go.  Ugh!  I could be wrong, but so far I've been right about myself anyway.  My core symptoms are [...] on tight.  As I write this my heart is racing and my head is whooshing like a washing machine.  I wish I was wrong about this.  Grrrrr.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2016, 03:01:54 am »
[...],

You are moving like gangbusters through this process.  You are seeing so many improvements very early in the game.

Good for you!  Keep going!

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2016, 03:04:57 am »
[...],

You are a trooper.  Keep trudging forward.  There IS a pattern and a progression to this madness.  If we [...] keep [...] in there, we heal.

[...]

[Buddie]

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2016, 03:07:57 am »
[...],

You are moving like gangbusters through this process.  You are seeing so many improvements very early in the game.

Good for you!  Keep going!

[...]

Thanks, [...]! I'm not leaving here til you're 100%. Although I'm confident you'll beat me to the finish line. ;)

[Buddie]

« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2016, 03:17:20 am »
Aw, [...], you've always been so supportive on this forum.  If you get to the healing door before me, could you leave it open a crack so I can stick my foot in the opening?  I will be here until you finish too.  That's what friends do.

Love, [...]