Flualprazolam taper - 3-4 mg a day

[Pa...]

Hello,

I started taking Flualprazolam for stress. I can manage with 3 mg a day but it’s tough. I also am prescribed 300 mg of Lamotrigine/Lamictal a day which apparently can have an effect (some say it’s helpful some it’s not). I know this is a research chemical but could someone help me come up with a tapering plan please? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete

I'm sorry, I don't know anything about this particular drug. I believe, from another post, that it is short-acting, like Xanax. When I tapered Xanax, I took my drug 4x/day to get my blood levels steady.

Once I felt steady (no more interpose withdrawal), I started reducing. I found I could not reduce by more than 10% of my dose per month.

You probably don't want me to try to do your math, but here's what I did.

I started with my Rx liquid which was very strong. I diluted it with water to make it weaker and easier to measure. I figured out what 10% of my dose was. That's how much to cut per month. But I wanted to do a daily micro-taper (tiny cut every day), so I divided that number by 30 (days in a month). That's how much I reduced every day for a month.

At the beginning of the next month, I figured out 10% of my dose again, divide it by 30 again, and made that reduction every day.

If I was unsure of my math, I either asked my daughter to check it or posted my math on the board and asked someone to check it.

Hope that was some help.

Gardie :)

Oh, I see your liquid is 2mg per 1ml. Maybe you could make it 2mg per 10ml. Much easier to measure. So you would take the 1ml and add 9ml of water to make 10ml of solution. That's as far as I'm willing to try math while I'm tapering! If somebody sees this and it is right or wrong, let me know. Ty.

• 1 month later...