Getting off 0.5 Klonopin by substitution taper

[Be...]

My doctor gave me 5mg Valium to start to substitute.  I have been on 0.5 mg for 5 weeks and feeling good.    Down from 1 mg over last year.  Was thinking to combine 0.25 Klonopin with 5mg Valium for a few weeks and see how I do before going off Klonopin entirely.    Is this a good next step forward.

Hi there -- that's exactly what I did. Mixed .25 K with 5 mg V for a couple weeks before crossing fully over to 10 MG V. Worked like a charm!

My doctor gave me 5mg Valium to start to substitute.  I have been on 0.5 mg for 5 weeks and feeling good.    Down from 1 mg over last year.  Was thinking to combine 0.25 Klonopin with 5mg Valium for a few weeks and see how I do before going off Klonopin entirely.    Is this a good next step forward.

This seems like an excellent plan to me. I’m glad you have a good doctor. I did something very similar with very good results. I say go for it! :)

How often are you taking the klonopin and Valium?  I just crossed over also.  on .50.  Need some advice

Thanks

I’m benzo free. Read my signature please.

BenzoGirl,

your signature states you still have 4 or 4.5 Klonopin left to taper, so it is a little confusing.

It says December, 2015: Klonopin Free👍🏿👍🏿. Please read it again.

BenzoGirl,

your not Benzo Free. You sent me a PM stating your still on Klonopin.  Please explain how you can be "Benzo Free" on still on Klonopin? 

Maybe I am missing something here.

BenzoGirl,

your not Benzo Free. You sent me a PM stating your still on Klonopin.  Please explain how you can be "Benzo Free" on still on Klonopin? 

I did NOT! I said I was klonopin free. I’ve had it with you. You are stalking me. I have blocked you and likely leave this forum as I feel it’s unsafe with you as a member. LEAVE ME ALONE! You are a crazy troll. I doubt you took a single dose of any benzo!  Nut job.. Scott must be putting you up to this! :tickedoff: :tickedoff:

Oh boy...I wish I knew whats going on here... ::)

Benzosnomore2 please explain....I hate to see benzogirl being attacked.

Betsy you better not leave or I have to come over and give you a spanking.  :smitten:

BeBold so sorry your thread has been hijacked.  :(

I would take her advise..

This seems like an excellent plan to me. I’m glad you have a good doctor. I did something very similar with very good results. I say go for it! :)

Betsy you better not leave or I have to come over and give you a spanking.  :smitten:

This crazy member is stalking me. I don’t believe he is so brainless as to not understand my signature. He has harassed me via PMs as well. The team doesn’t seem to be very bothered by him, saying I am taking care of it. I believe he’s a troll who never took a single benzo and might be working with Scott. The problem is you have to be an expert to find this section. Colin changed it to its detriment in my opinion. Nobody can see this thread unless they are experts at navigating this forum. He at the very least should be pre moderated. I’ve blocked his PMs now so that’s something new which is good. I WILL LEAVE UNLESS SOMETHING IS DONE ABOUT HIM.

We need either pianogirl or Pamster to step in. They are members of the team who take the bull by the horns. The rest are too nice. PRE MODERATE THIS LOSER.

This crazy member is stalking me. I don’t believe he is so brainless as to not understand my signature. He has harassed me via PMs as well. The team doesn’t seem to be very bothered by him, saying I am taking care of it. I believe he’s a troll who never took a single benzo and might be working with Scott. The problem is you have to be an expert to find this section. Colin changed it to its detriment in my opinion. Nobody can see this thread unless they are experts at navigating this forum. He at the very least should be pre moderated. I’ve blocked his PMs now so that’s something new which is good. I WILL LEAVE UNLESS SOMETHING IS DONE ABOUT HIM.

We need either pianogirl or Pamster to step in. They are members of the team who take the bull by the horns. The rest are too nice. PRE MODERATE THIS LOSER.

Hi benzogirl,

We do our best to give our members the benefit of the doubt, cognitive issues are a big part of benzo withdrawal, so we try to give some latitude to members who may be experiencing this.  When we see a pattern of misbehavior, we will take action, we do this with the help of members reporting instances such as this, so thank you for letting us know, and thank you to the other members who have stepped up as well.

We also do our best to not embarrass members publicly by discussing moderation issues on the open forum, we don't wish to stigmatize anyone if the bad behavior is a one off occurrence, but rest assured, the team is working the issues. 

Pamster

BenzoGirl,

Nomorebenzos2,

Enough!  benzogirls signature has been explained to you multiple times, let it go.

Pamster

Nomorebenzos2, Benzogirl is "benzofree". It's in her signature. She has told you this many times on this thread. She is a valuable member of this community-- please stop causing her angst by insisting she's on a drug that she isn't. Shame on you for this harassment.

Now you've been told by a moderator to cease and desist.

Do it.

Katz

Nomore, really her signature is very plain.  No one is trying to trick you here.  She has been a member of bb a long time.  Questioning her signature seems strange and is making her anxious, please stop.  None of us want to be unkind to you, we just want her protected.  I am sure you can understand.  Mary

2003-2013, 3 to 10 mg K

Dropped 2 mg K

C/O to 70 mg of V.

400 mg Seroquel

300 mg Trazodone.

Dec. 2015. Klonopin Free👍🏿👍🏿🐾🐾

2015: quit cigarettes

JUNE 1, 2019, BENZO FREE! 👍🏿👍🏿🐾🐾

How often are you taking the klonopin and Valium?  I just crossed over also.  on .50.  Need some advice

Thanks

I think if everyone will take a step back, Jarebear’s signature, not benzogirl’s, is the signature that shows 4.5mg K.  Benzogirl replied thinking Nomorebenzos2 meant she was still on klonopin.

Benzogirl has not changed her signature and has indeed been benzo free for some months now.

Well thanks challis but in his PMs to me he insisted I was on 4.5 mg. He really must be confused.

Confused, agreed... jarebear’s post is directly above yours and shows 4.5 then 4mg on his signature.  I think Nomorebenzos2 thought he was reading your signature but it was actually jarebear’s. You replied to his post which was evidently directed to jarebear.  Or that’s how I see it.

Let’s wait for Nomorebenzos2 to check in. He’s a relatively new member with no history of negative posting and may look at this and realize he read the wrong signature.

Thanks

I think if everyone will take a step back, Jarebear’s signature, not benzogirl’s, is the signature that shows 4.5mg K.  Benzogirl replied thinking Nomorebenzos2 meant she was still on klonopin.

Benzogirl has not changed her signature and has indeed been benzo free for some months now.

Bingo Challis....thats what I thought right from the start....when you think about it...its a bit funny. I hope Bets can have a little chuckle.