Can't drive anymore, neurosis, depression

[...]

I can barely drive/ shouldn’t drive.  I can make it down the street to the local dispensary and back, even that’s stretching it.  Before the taper I was starting to get panic attacks more frequently, even drove onto oncoming traffic, have gotten multiple tickets for reckless driving, although to me it’s not reckless I’m having a panic attack.  Colors saturate and smear, and everything gets louder and more sensitive.  Now I don’t really get panic attacks so much as I’m in a perpetual state of neurosis.  My skin crawls in waves as the temperature changes, my body aches constantly, I’m shaky like a chihuahua.  I get migraines like never before, mornings feel like what I assume a really bad hangover on a small boat in the middle of the ocean would feel like.  When I drive it’s like a simulation the way objects move past me now, and render into my field of vision.  Sometimes objects shift, like I know I saw it move but it didn’t.  It feels like I’m being watched as well, although I feel it, I also know it’s irrational, and that no one is actually watching me (ex: constantly checking entryways, looking out window repeatedly, shutting and reopening blinds).  My medical cannabis card helps, I just wish it helped more.  I’ve used THC for over 5 years and have never experienced this, I’m sick of people blaming cannabis for everything.  I can handle my pot.  But benzos will fry you.  I'm also diagnosed with depression, and that's gotten quite bad as well, like a stream of negative thoughts I stem by smoking/vaporizing cannabis.  My brain just keeps chipping away at my ego and makes me think of things in the past that have happened to me and smoking it away is all I know.  I still get nauseous more than half the day.  I don't remember the point of this post, but I suppose it's an update for myself

Hi xxxx,

The point of your post is to vent, to express yourself and to hopefully get validation from another human that they understand what you're going through.  I'm sorry you're suffering so much, but please don't drive if you're having so much difficulty right now.  Can you use a ride service to get where you need to go?

Pamster

I can totally relate to your post. I remember telling people there's something so wrong I feel like a shaky chihuahua. It was horrible for months I was like a chicken with my head cut off trying to figure out what was so wrong. My nerves are so shot I can't handle hardly any stress. Everything irritated me. Hang in there it will get better!!

• 2 weeks later...

I can barely drive/ shouldn’t drive.  I can make it down the street to the local dispensary and back, even that’s stretching it.  Before the taper I was starting to get panic attacks more frequently, even drove onto oncoming traffic, have gotten multiple tickets for reckless driving, although to me it’s not reckless I’m having a panic attack.  Colors saturate and smear, and everything gets louder and more sensitive.  Now I don’t really get panic attacks so much as I’m in a perpetual state of neurosis.  My skin crawls in waves as the temperature changes, my body aches constantly, I’m shaky like a chihuahua.  I get migraines like never before, mornings feel like what I assume a really bad hangover on a small boat in the middle of the ocean would feel like.  When I drive it’s like a simulation the way objects move past me now, and render into my field of vision.  Sometimes objects shift, like I know I saw it move but it didn’t.  It feels like I’m being watched as well, although I feel it, I also know it’s irrational, and that no one is actually watching me (ex: constantly checking entryways, looking out window repeatedly, shutting and reopening blinds).  My medical cannabis card helps, I just wish it helped more.  I’ve used THC for over 5 years and have never experienced this, I’m sick of people blaming cannabis for everything.  I can handle my pot.  But benzos will fry you.  I'm also diagnosed with depression, and that's gotten quite bad as well, like a stream of negative thoughts I stem by smoking/vaporizing cannabis.  My brain just keeps chipping away at my ego and makes me think of things in the past that have happened to me and smoking it away is all I know.  I still get nauseous more than half the day.  I don't remember the point of this post, but I suppose it's an update for myself

we in the same boat bud. But I never stop driving because I believe it helps my brain with neuroplasticity, I don't know if it really does, but that's what I belie e, that I need to keep exercising my brain with normal human activities.