will our brains heal? always?

[Ca...]

I think being as careful as you can from here on out - no c/t's, no fast tapers to jolt the CNS, and trying to remain calm help the CNS to heal. I've kindled on bp pills - quit taking them too fast and got myself into trouble. Then I liked coffee, which kept jolting my system. I'm tired of that, though. I see how I've made this journey a much longer one than if I'd been smart and steady with drugs. Sometimes extra drugs we take can stand in the way of true healing - but not always.

If you read some of the success stories, people who have kindled have indeed healed.

Yes, I believe we can heal, but no one knows how long it'll take.

You can kind of think of the CNS as a baby - it's got to be pampered, doesn't like quick moves, and will always do better with tender loving care and steadiness.

• 1 month later...
From everything I have read, we are hardwired to heal and our individual timelines to heal are exactly that....individual. "Let not your heart be troubled" and try to see if you can be the observer of you, put some distance between your sx and you. At least, that helps me when I feel hopeless.  :thumbsup:

thankyou, Terry.  but in Feb i did do a rapid taper of 3 days off.  but reinstated. brain hasn't felt the same since feb. :(

I'm in the same boat. Rapid taper in Feb, was off 65 days. Also went CT off of Xanax last Sept, have never felt the same since that first CT. I didn't know any better, I wish I had. I thought a taper would be easy (at least easier), but nope. I think I lost my shot for an easy taper after that first CT.

even after ct and updose and down, and 10 years on this stuff?  i feel cognitive impairment.  will my brain ever be the same?

Your signature says you are still on 3.75mg of Ativan per day.  True healing will not happen until you are off of the Ativan.  Have you considered a slow taper?  Long term users usually experience symptoms at some point while taking Benzos.  Your body knows how to completely heal from the TEMPORARY damage Benzos cause, but first you need to slowly get off of them.  Good luck!

I agree, you have to find your own way off these things before you can ever have any hope of feeling better or healing as you said. If not, you will remain forever stuck in this vicious cycle. :-(

thankyou, Terry.  but in Feb i did do a rapid taper of 3 days off.  but reinstated. brain hasn't felt the same since feb. :(

I'm in the same boat. Rapid taper in Feb, was off 65 days. Also went CT off of Xanax last Sept, have never felt the same since that first CT. I didn't know any better, I wish I had. I thought a taper would be easy (at least easier), but nope. I think I lost my shot for an easy taper after that first CT.

i wish i had known, too.  i wish i had never rapid tapered. how you doing, btw...i hope you are doing better than i am. much love to you and all of you.