No scary stuff, only good wonderful news!

[He...]

Hi, I am Heathcliff.

I have had a very positive but very LONG journey getting off of diazapam!

It took me 3 years and 4 months!

Started off very rough because I did not know what I was doing and made cuts that were too big and went too fast.

But once I found that going really slow, and making very small cuts in my dose, listening to my body and holding my dose steady when any wdsx appeared, and waiting until the wdsx settled down or even disappeared before reducing my dose again, I began to understand the withdrawal process.

Yes it took a lot of patience, and a switch to “Roxane” brand liquid diazapam , and learning how to mix a solution of diazapam and water, when I got down to 1 mg, so I could reduce my dose by tiny amounts.

Also, finding out that, that 1 mg dose would take me the longest to get off of. But having the most patience when I needed it no matter how hard it was to keep going slow no matter how long it would take! That was a very difficult thing!

My main point here is.......THERE REALLY IS NO POINT, and no need TO SUFFER WITH WITHDRAWAL FOR MOST OF THE PROCESS, ONCE YOU GET THINGS UNDER CONTROL, MAKE TINY CUTS, AND LET YOUR BODY AND BRAIN SETTLE DOWN AND GET USED TO EACH DOSE BEFORE REDUCING YOUR DOSE AGAIN, AND LEARN NOT TO RUSH THINGS! PATIENCE IS THE HARDEST PART AND GOING SLOW WERE THETWO BIGGEST AND HARDEST PARTS OF MY WITHDRAWAL. NOT  the WDSX!

YES IT WILL TAKE A LONG TIME, But YOU WILL BE able  TO LIVE YOUR LIFE WHILE YOU ARE REDUCING YOUR DOSE! You will be able to function, be yourself again, and be happy while reducing and finally getting off your diazepam. I cant speak of the  other benzos but I imagine it's the same way with all of them?

AND, I have had no wdsx for the whole month that I am off except for about 2 hours of mild dizziness on day 6.

I have every reason to believe I will be absolutely fine going forward.

Thank you to everyone who has mentored me on this forum.

From the other, most horrible stories, of others going through hell, all I can say is I feel terribly badly for you. I hope every one will PLEASE go slow and reduce tiny amounts so that horrible wdsx do not plague you.

I’d probably be dead with out this BENZO BUDDIES FORUM!

EVERYTHING I LEARNED and I KNOW I LEARNED ON THIS FIRUM. I WILL  BE FOREVER GRATEFUL!

All my best to you all for LOTS OF PATIENCE,  a Slow journey, and a full recovery from your benzo !

ALL MY BEST FROM A most grateful and happy, and drug free H E A T H C L I F F

:thumbsup::):yippee::clap::hug::mybuddy:

And to those in the USA

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I sure do have lots to be thankful for!!

I want to give back. I want to pay it forward. Private message me any time. I am no expert, but I will help you all I can. Heathcliff ❤️

Thank you very much for your wonderful Thanksgiving story Heathcliff :smitten: I was just coming on here today thinking how wonderful it would be if somebody posted a success story right before Thanksgiving, I think we all need a little bit of extra encouragement this time of the year:) I'm so happy for you, congratulations, I wish I knew about the micro taper when I got of clonazepam 19 months ago, thank god you avoided the suffering, happy thanksgiving, enjoy this wonderful holiday and thank you for your story:))))

Well done!

Did you ever have horrific or paradoxical  symptoms when you took your dose that eased when you held?

Hi  Ajusta,

No, I never had any paradoxical or horrific symptoms. I had some pretty rough days but they were really nothing compared to the stories I read about here. My bad days were those when I had very bad parathesias. I had horrible trembles inside my body that no one could feel or see. No one  understood what I was going through. (that was at the very beginning of my taper when I was cutting to much)even my family thought I needed an anti depressant!. Even my Dr. Would not accept the fact of what was happening to me. So I had to be strong and fight my battle all by myself. That’s  when I found Benzo  buddies.  It literally saved my life!

I’m not what sure what a paradoxical symptom is?!

I hope you have easier days Ajusta!

Be strong,  ayou can dothis!  if I’ve done it...anyone can...i am a Wuss!

Heathcliff

Congratulations and thanks for sharing the good news! :thumbsup:

I'm an advocate of the slower taper too.  See no reason to torture yourself unnecessarily. I too had trouble at the 1mg and less part. Very sensitive to even OTC meds so not surprising.

I think others need to read reports of successes. It gives that added hope just when you need it.

Best wishes for your drug free future.

• 2 months later...

Hi, I am Heathcliff.

Started off very rough because I did not know what I was doing and made cuts that were too big and went too fast.

But once I found that going really slow, and making very small cuts in my dose, listening to my body and holding my dose steady when any wdsx appeared, and waiting until the wdsx settled down or even disappeared before reducing my dose again, I began to understand the withdrawal process.

Yes it took a lot of patience, and a switch to “Roxane” brand liquid diazapam , and learning how to mix a solution of diazapam and water, when I got down to 1 mg, so I could reduce my dose by tiny amounts.

Also, finding out that, that 1 mg dose would take me the longest to get off of. But having the most patience when I needed it no matter how hard it was to keep going slow no matter how long it would take! That was a very difficult thing!

My main point here is.......THERE REALLY IS NO POINT, and no need TO SUFFER WITH WITHDRAWAL FOR MOST OF THE PROCESS, ONCE YOU GET THINGS UNDER CONTROL, MAKE TINY CUTS, AND LET YOUR BODY AND BRAIN SETTLE DOWN AND GET USED TO EACH DOSE BEFORE REDUCING YOUR DOSE AGAIN, AND LEARN NOT TO RUSH THINGS! PATIENCE IS THE HARDEST PART AND GOING SLOW WERE THETWO BIGGEST AND HARDEST PARTS OF MY WITHDRAWAL. NOT  the WDSX!

YES IT WILL TAKE A LONG TIME, But YOU WILL BE able  TO LIVE YOUR LIFE WHILE YOU ARE REDUCING YOUR DOSE! You will be able to function, be yourself again, and be happy while reducing and finally getting off your diazepam. I cant speak of the  other benzos but I imagine it's the same way with all of them?

AND, I have had no wdsx for the whole month that I am off except for about 2 hours of mild dizziness on day 6.

From the other, most horrible stories, of others going through hell, all I can say is I feel terribly badly for you. I hope every one will PLEASE go slow and reduce tiny amounts so that horrible wdsx do not plague you.

EVERYTHING I LEARNED and I KNOW I LEARNED ON THIS FIRUM. I WILL  BE FOREVER GRATEFUL!

All my best to you all for LOTS OF PATIENCE,  a Slow journey, and a full recovery from your benzo !

And to those in the USA

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

I want to give back. I want to pay it forward. Private message me any time. I am no expert, but I will help you all I can. Heathcliff ❤️

[glow=red,2,300] :thumbsup:"Congrats" :thumbsup:[/glow] Hi Heath, not sure how I missed this, but I found it today, and sending you a big hug and much support. You have come a long way, and even when you thought you could not go on...you did and you learned along the way what would work for you. Enjoy your walk off, and be patient because the Brain needs time to completely heal, you have done the time, now let other things fall in place as they should, and they will. Stay Strong and know that you are a true Warrior and nothing you go through will ever match the fight you fought with the  >:D benzo. 💖 Peace and Continued Healing. :smitten:

:smitten:

Congrats to you Heathcliff!  I remember you from bb as we went through part of this process together!

Happy you made it!  :thumbsup:

Wolfie  :smitten:

Yay for you! and thank you for being so generous.

I'm moving down to 1 mg as part of my verrrry slow taper. Unfortunately, a number of life events have coincided with this. Were there times you couldn't separate real depression from wd? Thank you!

:smitten:

Hi, I am Heathcliff.

And to those in the USA

HAPPY THANKSGIVING

[glow=red,2,300] :thumbsup:"Congrats" :thumbsup:[/glow] Hi Heath, not sure how I missed this, but I found it today, and sending you a big hug and much support. You have come a long way, and even when you thought you could not go on...you did and you learned along the way what would work for you. Enjoy your walk off, and be patient because the Brain needs time to completely heal, you have done the time, now let other things fall in place as they should, and they will. Stay Strong and know that you are a true Warrior and nothing you go through will ever match the fight you fought with the  >:D benzo. 💖 Peace and Continued Healing. :smitten: