One year off update

[e0...]

[e0...]

Tomorrow marks the one year mark of the end of my taper, the taper lasted 8 months. I was on xanax for over 14 years.

I wrote a success story at 4 months off because I wanted to trick my mind and because I was back to work and functional. I managed to get my old job back about a month ago and before that I was 2 months symptom free, for some reason my new job has sparked up some anxiety that has been difficult to deal with , apathy and having a hard time dealing with stress are the 2 symptoms I have left. I know my CNS is still sensitive and I am hoping that it heals in the near future. Overall I am able to do anything and everything I could before I started my taper. I know 12 months is early in this game and I feel fortunate that I can live my life as close to normally as possible. I haven't been on this board in a while but I will come back again to report when I make my full recovery.

God bless

Eric

Issey, You are missed here.  Your posts were full of determination and tools to heal. Clicking on your posts was always safe and motivating!!  So happy your life is taking off. I have no doubt that you will manage this anxiety until it subsides.  Congrats Issey.

Thanks for the update Issey.  Glad you have been healing.  Your positive outlook is very encouraging and inspiring.  I hope your stress levels off soon.