please, kindly help me understand. so, i can learn to trust my LMT method.

[Ca...]

Hi, i am tapering ATivan. i have such anxiety and fear.  i had to updose a tad, once again last week, bcause i  made a mistakee in my tapeer calculations. :(  and was tapering waaay to fast for my old body. :(  hit me like bad ton of bricks. i hope, even tho i am in tolerancee, that this hold will help a bit. i won't hold long.  i am floaty boaty, i have cognitive impairment.  and, fear and anixiety.  MY REAL QUESTION is my worry WORRY WORRY. over my micro solution i make.   

Could someone please, be kind and have compassion on my poor confused brain.  i use 10 pills, 3 10 ml of vodka and 97 syringes of water (also 10 ml syringes)  and that's my batch.  ok.    so, my question is this, and i hope someone takees pity and answers me, because of my OCD and my worry about this .  and, if i don't geet this answered i am neever going to find peace and trust this micro taper. :(  and that's not good.   

here is the question:  i dose 4 times daily , ativan , 3.30.  HOW ON EARTH does the ativan KNOW to go and march up my syringe in exactly .91  (dose i need). ?????  how can i be assured i AM getting the .91 when i put my syringe in a pull up the plunger ??/  i mean, :( how does the ativan know it is supposed to go up there and give me .91  (no more, no less). ??? does this question make sense. and please, could some kind soul please answer it for me.  as clear as you can, i am a cog fog and having hard timee, and old, 65.  alonee, too.  please please help me understand. so, i can gain trust in my taper method.  I NEED TO KNOW that when i draw for .74, i am getting .74, and no more or LESS ativan.  as that up and down can  be harrder on CNS.  help.  thankyou kindly.

HOW ON EARTH does the ativan KNOW to go and march up my syringe in exactly .91

The Ativan knows nothing. It is a dumb, inert substance. You put your syringe in the liquid and pull the Ativan up to the desired amount. YOU DO IT! The Ativan does nothing. When you put the syringe in the liquid, does it crawl up the syringe by itself? NO! Really, Cathy.

Just be careful. Measuring successfully a few times will help you overcome your fear. I was scared to death when I first started my liquid taper, but I did it (btw I'm 71) and I wrote down every reduction I made. Surely looking at a list of successful reductions will help you?

Katz

Hi, i am tapering ATivan. i have such anxiety and fear.  i had to updose a tad, once again last week, bcause i  made a mistakee in my tapeer calculations. :(  and was tapering waaay to fast for my old body. :(  hit me like bad ton of bricks. i hope, even tho i am in tolerancee, that this hold will help a bit. i won't hold long.  i am floaty boaty, i have cognitive impairment.  and, fear and anixiety.  MY REAL QUESTION is my worry WORRY WORRY. over my micro solution i make.   

Could someone please, be kind and have compassion on my poor confused brain.  i use 10 pills, 3 10 ml of vodka and 97 syringes of water (also 10 ml syringes)  and that's my batch.  ok.    so, my question is this, and i hope someone takees pity and answers me, because of my OCD and my worry about this .  and, if i don't geet this answered i am neever going to find peace and trust this micro taper. :(  and that's not good.   

here is the question:  i dose 4 times daily , ativan , 3.30.  HOW ON EARTH does the ativan KNOW to go and march up my syringe in exactly .91  (dose i need). ?????  how can i be assured i AM getting the .91 when i put my syringe in a pull up the plunger ??/  i mean, :( how does the ativan know it is supposed to go up there and give me .91  (no more, no less). ??? does this question make sense. and please, could some kind soul please answer it for me.  as clear as you can, i am a cog fog and having hard timee, and old, 65.  alonee, too.  please please help me understand. so, i can gain trust in my taper method.  I NEED TO KNOW that when i draw for .74, i am getting .74, and no more or LESS ativan.  as that up and down can  be harrder on CNS.  help.  thankyou kindly.

That much liquid is not really necessary. It kind of complicates the process.

Try this: simple illustration

thanks for the response. i have no trouble making my solution, that is not the issue.  my point of conflict it the solution itself.  and, i need to trust my solution.  and, since i don't understand how the ativan disperses evenly in the water.  (btw...i use correct forumula, 10 pills, 3 vokda and 97 syringes of water )    my question is NOT about how to prepare it.  it this:  HOW do i know i am getting exactly .91 , say, or .74  up into my syringee?  do you see what i mean?  what is it about that solution that knows how to get my needed dose up my syringe?  how do i know that say, .91 mg of ativan are  going to be "marching" up my syringe.  how do i know i am not getting more water than ativan.  that is my question.  i just want to make sure i am getting the correct dose when  i go to take my dose.  this is almost like a liquid version of dry cutting.  can we be sure we are getting the dose we need.  and, see, i need to trust in my choice of taper and trust it with all my heart.  (i don't like dry cutting).  can you help, did this clear it up? thankyou.

no, that much liquid made it easier for me to tolerate.  my solution is : 10  1 mg pills ,  3 10 ml of vodka and 97 10 ml of water, that equals 100. i asked if this was ok, i asked Builder.  the lower water amount was not agreeable to me, and i struggled hard on it.    how much water do you use??  and pills and vodka?    thankyou.

If your solution is mixed properly and you draw up the proper amount, you'll be fine.  Exact isn't the key, but tapering down is.  Don't worry how it disperses in the liquid; just trust that it does.  We're all going through the same thing on the liquid and doing pretty okay and so many have been successful with the DLMT and have beaten their benzo.

I'm 71 and live alone as well and was scared to death at first and sometimes I still am when the symptoms are uncomfortable.  And, as you can see in my signature, I had a really rough time again in September. It was so bad that I actually wished I had died.  But, it got better even though I had to updose for a while.  I will keep on keeping on and trust one day I'll be free of my benzo.

Wow.  That is one great illustration. 

I understand what you are saying with that amount of liquid complicating the process.  I almost short circuited my brain trying to figure it out.

my solution is : 10  1 mg pills ,  3 10 ml of vodka and 97 10 ml of water, that equals 100. i asked if this was ok, i asked Builder.  the lower water amount was not agreeable to me, and i struggled hard on it. 

Cathymp,

When you say "97 10 ml of water" do you mean that you use a 10 ml syringe to measure out a total of 97 ml of water or that you take a 10 ml syringe and fill it with 10 ml of water 97 times and add it to the mix?

Also, how much of the mix do you take a day and how many times?

What dose of Lorazepam are you trying to get each time you dose and what total dose are you trying to take a day?

i use this to make my solution:  3 10 ml syringe of vodka, 10 1 mg ativan  and yes, .97 full syringes of water (easier for my benzo brain than a scale, i guess). easier to know exact measurement.    i dose 4 times a day.  2  @  .74  and 2@ .91.    (p.s. i tried the more concentrated version of this using only 8 syringee of water and 3 vodka, it' didn't really set well.  but, neithe does this, i am on this for 10 years, i am in tolerance, i am old.  i am just wanting to know if i can trust, that when i go to draw up , say, my .91 dose, i am really getting .91  in that syringe and not, say, only .86  or .84,  do you know what i mean.  thankyou for any and all help.    i wish Builder would please answer if it is really ok to use  10 1mg pills and 97 10 ml syringes of water and 3 10 ml syringes of vodka. and will i be getting accurate dosing. in am struggling. please, been trying and failing since Feb.  Brain cognition and anxiety. :(  THANKYOU.

If you don't trust your method, there is always a jewelry scale and nail files and eXacto knifes.That's what I did with the last 0.5mg of Ativan. Yes, the scale goes up and down a bit, but I'd make repeated measurements and also use these 10g weights provided with it when the pieces I was measuring got too small for the scale to register on its own. When doing this for a while, you get really good at making those tiny, super precise micro-cuts. I'd even used magnifying glass in the process.

I honestly wish all of us who struggled so much with Ativan had someone with knowledge switch us over to Valium instead of ending up in this lorazepam Hell. So sorry :(

am alone and scared and 65 years old. :(   

i am not getting help with water taper. i have asked questions.  is it ok to use 10 1 mg pills and 97 10 ml of syringees of water and 3 syringes of vodka to make a solution?  and, i will dose 4 timees a day.  each dose i fill syringe up 10 times.  is this right?

I'm really sorry to hear about your struggles. I know next to nothing about the liquid taper/titration, so I am hoping someone will chime in and help you out.

Thankyou Libertas. i have no one to help.  i am not taking 1 mg dose 4 times a day.  my doses are indeed 4 times a day.  but, 2 doses are .74 and other 2 are .91.  i am on 3.30 mg of Ativan now.      for example to get the .91  dose, i fill my syringe up 9 times to the 10 ml mark. and then on more time only filling to the .01 mark.  that is how i do my dosing.    same for the .74  i fill syringe 7 times to the 10 line and then once more to 4 line.  is this correct.  and, i am sorry i failed math in school. i  apologize.  plus i have cognitive impairment.  i am just worried again, because about 3 weeks ago, i made an error in calculation and used a different way to measure out my water. well, it turned out my water was over and i was inadvertenly  tapering much to quickly , too too fast.  i went from 3.30  to 3. 10  all in one day cut.  :(    and i didn't realize it ...and, it hit me like a ton of bricks. so, i put myself back up to 3.30 where i was a bit better off.      so, Libertas, is my dosing right, then, please for a 3.30 mg daily?  if you please kindly answer this , i will not bother anyone again.  i will shut up.  please have compassion and help.  and i will lay this to rest.  i hope you understand my dosings.   

i use this to make my solution:  3 10 ml syringe of vodka, 10 1 mg ativan  and yes, .97 full syringes of water (easier for my benzo brain than a scale, i guess). easier to know exact measurement.

I may have benzo brain, so it is my fault that I am having trouble following what you are writing.

when you write " .97 full syringes of water," does that mean 97 10 ml syringes or 97 1 ml syringes?  What does the decimal place mean in ".97 full syringes of water."  I am trying to understand but I can't figure out what you wrote.

i use this to make my solution:  3 10 ml syringe of vodka, 10 1 mg ativan  and yes, .97 full syringes of water (easier for my benzo brain than a scale, i guess). easier to know exact measurement.

I may have benzo brain, so it is my fault that I am having trouble following what you are writing.

when you write " .97 full syringes of water," does that mean 97 10 ml syringes or 97 1 ml syringes?  What does the decimal place mean in ".97 full syringes of water."  I am trying to understand but I can't figure out what you wrote.

i am sorry. i didn't mean to put that decimal point there. forgive. i am an old lady struggling all alone. :( i am not good with math.  please , so sorry.  i am having a bad symptom day, bad anxiety. and cog . impairment.  and  memory.    i MEANT to say, : i  fill a 10 ml syringe up 97 times.  that is my water amount.  it's easier for me not to make a mistake this way, i can measure on that 10 ml syringe easier. and not go over or under. may take a bit longer to do, but, it's the way i do it.    so, yes, i use 3  ten ml. syrringe of vodka.  and i use 10 1mg ativan.  and the 97- 10 ml syringes.  and i dose 4 times a day.    2 times @ .91 and 2 times @ .74.  that equals 3.30.  yes?   

I was on Lorazapm (Avitan) and the Dr switched me over to Valium because it has a longer half life and the pills are easy to split. Just thought I'd mention it incase it helps or is an option.

I was on Lorazapm (Avitan) and the Dr switched me over to Valium because it has a longer half life and the pills are easy to split. Just thought I'd mention it incase it helps or is an option.

no, it's not an option, unfortunatlly.  i tried it, it didn't agree with me.  body only wants Watson Lorazepam. :(  besides my doc will not give equivalent dosages.  thankyou, though.

Good luck. You will do it. I remember trying to cut the little blue lorazepam tablets. It's a pain in the bum! I guess I was lucky that I was ok with the Valium. Your on the right track  ;) keep going