Afraid to eat or drink anything

[Mr...]

I feel so defeated anything and everything I try to eat I feel like I itch      He says drag on and I. So slow.  It feel like the twilight zone I don’t feel real. I’ve been living off chick fila and been on leave from work.    Is it Crazy to think I can heal with all this sitting heavy on me

You have to eat . I'm not off but I'm tapering rapidly , cut 2mgs of Vali 4 days ago (and I was on 6 , so it's a big change ... ) I felt terrible the first day , hard to eat blanbla , second day I had a pizza it felt sooo Good to eat it , it tasted amazing , so get something you like first , your favorite food . And don't eat too much of it . Than start eating clean after that, eat all types of nuts a and leafy greens your body needs energy to recover .also get supplements if you can't eat alot , to prevent your hemoglobin and hematokrit levels plumiting , and making you feel even worse .... Omega 3 acids l, get an iron suplament , magnesium citrate , vitamins c, and some b vitamins , they helped me a ton , I ate 3 times yesterday, contamplaiting going for some pashteta at the moment , and it's 1am...  Again I'm not a long time user nor did I use a high dose , but the foods and suplaments I mentioned helped me , I am also using a probiotic and drinking at least half a liter of yogurt with probiotics in it (I was on antibiotics for 2 weeks....)

(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((Mrtnz)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

That is a huge cyber hug just for you.

I know you are suffering, just as I once did.

"He says drag on and I do." What does that mean??? Who is "he?"

Benzo wd IS like the Twilight Zone! Good analogy. It can feel so unreal, so strange that one has to assume you have gone insane. And your mind tells you this is forever. But it isn't. Benzo wd does end, and for most, it is a very slow, terrifying experience.

I would not worry about eating right now. Oh of course, eat what you can but do not place a lot of stressing o what you are eating. Your body and brain will heal itself no matter what. I do speak from experience here. My first year out the only main "food" source I ate was Peppermint Patties."

I ate bags of them. I so wanted to gain weight. On rare occasion I ate one egg and half a slice of toast. And you know what? I sure did survive.

Mrtn, you are a special friend of mine. I so want you to succeed. Keep writing, please.

east (Annie)

I get the same damn thing. It’s fucking terrible. Except when i eat i not only get tingles but i get super hot, feel extremely lethargic, and my brain feels like its going insane. Such a shit feeling. All I’ve been eating the last 4 or 5 months is meat, basically. So disgusting

Want to share my experience in the food sensitivity since jumping if that is what you think you have.

Since 2 wk off, i kept reacting to one thing after another for 3 months until i limited my diets to just a few items, small portion of meat or sea food, eggs, rice, potato and yam, a few vegetables and fruit. Everything goes high in glutamate, or histamine, all wheat products, all nuts, all bean products, tomatos, mushrooms, plums, berries, bananas and others.

I dont think its a good idea just push through and eat what you feel like to eat. My reaction is so severe and serious almost life threatening.

Due to glutamate is skyrocketing after stopping benzo or fast tapering, the neurotoxicity feom excessive glutamate can be very serious and damaging.

Can i ask you what you had problems so far and what are the sx?

You have to eat . I'm not off but I'm tapering rapidly , cut 2mgs of Vali 4 days ago (and I was on 6 , so it's a big change ... ) I felt terrible the first day , hard to eat blanbla , second day I had a pizza it felt sooo Good to eat it , it tasted amazing , so get something you like first , your favorite food . And don't eat too much of it . Than start eating clean after that, eat all types of nuts a and leafy greens your body needs energy to recover .also get supplements if you can't eat alot , to prevent your hemoglobin and hematokrit levels plumiting , and making you feel even worse .... Omega 3 acids l, get an iron suplament , magnesium citrate , vitamins c, and some b vitamins , they helped me a ton , I ate 3 times yesterday, contamplaiting going for some pashteta at the moment , and it's 1am...  Again I'm not a long time user nor did I use a high dose , but the foods and suplaments I mentioned helped me , I am also using a probiotic and drinking at least half a liter of yogurt with probiotics in it (I was on antibiotics for 2 weeks....)

Hello Jegenapogreska,

I know you're new to the forum, so I'd like to familiarize you with our rules and guidelines concerning prescriptive comments.

Please adopt a non-prescriptive writing style. Relating your experiences, stating options, or posting suggestions of what other members might do are all welcome. However, advising members of what they should or must do is against the ethos of the BenzoBuddies Community. Nor should you attempt to 'diagnose' medical problems or suggest medical treatments to other members. This policy also applies to members with medical qualifications. A more detailed explanation of this policy can be found in our Guidelines Regarding the Giving of Medical Advice document.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Pamster

• 4 weeks later...

That looks like a great combo to me.

I know what you mean when you say, "I can't worry about just what I have to eat."  I could barely drag myself to the kitchen, let alone cook something.  Your diet sounds good enough to me.  East ate Peppermint Patties, and lives to tell the tale.  My diet a bit similar. 

I drank  those protein drinks, and they seemed  to help.  Staying hydrated is important.

Dee x

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, you have to eat, but this is NOT the time to try to adhere to some strict diet! Now IS the time to just try to eat with some sort of pleasure. Eat whatever you want to and damn the "health rules." If all you can get down is potato chips, so be it. I existed on only eating Yorks Peppermint Patties for an entire year, and I did not die from this. No it was not healthy, but so damn what? I ate what I could.

Because I am a nurse, I know about so called "good diets." Well, in benzo wd, to hell with all of that! You need to drink enough fluids, eat enough calories to maintain. But now is not the time to obsess about your diet.

We BB people tend to be a bit OCD about many things. Not sure why, but I know this to be true. There is just something about benzo wd that makes one get obsessive about stuff. Try to ignore that and focus on everything that might make you feel better, not worse.

Love all of you,

east